The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How do you spell 'LOSER'?   t R u M p        Trump's campaign is doing so poorly out the gate that now he is having to stoop to fleecing his

follower with this crazy 'baseball card'  scheme.       Funny how cultists make themselves like a god - trump has never seen a muscle like any of

these in his life - too many cheese burgers - which he eats wt a fork and knife.    

And of course, Trump, the greatest narcissist of all time starts his announcement with: 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11542713/Trumps-MAJOR-ANNOUNCEMENT-99-Superman-baseball-cards.html

In a video ad for the cards, Trump began: 'Hello everyone this is Donald Trump -  hopefully your favorite president of all time, better than Lincoln, better than Washington, with an important announcement to make. I'm doing my first official Donald J. Trump NFT collection.'

Each card allegedly enters the purchaser into a raffle where they could score dinner with the former president, a golf trip or a Zoom call with him. 

'Buy one and you will join a very exclusive community,' Trump said.  

65623761-11542713-image-a-1_1671121245748.jpg

One person's view as to why she thinks Trump will drop out of the race sometime in 2023.  

Why Trump Drops out of Race

At the starting gate after the midterm elections, Trump was directly blamed for the GOP’s failure to win control of the Senate and why the much-ballyhooed red wave stayed offshore. Then headlines exploded after he dined with celebrity Nazi lovers, racists and white supremacists — followed by his unhinged call for the termination of Constitution election rules benefiting him.

Pile on the Justice Department naming a special prosecutor to investigate events before and during the Jan. 6 Capitol attack, enjoined with the Mar-a-Lago document scandal. Then add a host of legal setbacks after numerous political and business rulings.

Furthermore, the first month saw major donors jump ship and the stratospheric rise of a young rival, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) — a Trump acolyte. Now, Trump’s 2024 campaign reality show is stranger than fiction, but the political reality is reflected in the downward trajectory of his poll numbers.

On Tuesday, The Hill reported a USA Today-Suffolk University poll showing DeSantis walloping Trump, 56 percent to 33 percent, among Republican 

and leaning GOP primary voters in a hypothetical match-up. Also, only 31 percent of Republican primary voters favor a Trump run.

Then on Wednesday, a Wall Street Journal poll showed DeSantis defeating Trump 52 percent to 38 percent. These and other polls make headlines and generate sustained media attention, eroding Trump’s standing as the inevitable front-runner.

Thus, the average politician would ask, “Is the universe telling me to disband my campaign?” Except Trump is not average. “I’m a victim, I will tell you. I’m a victim,” he said in his presidential announcement speech. Even more, he is a “victim” of self-inflicted wounds. But do Americans want to elect “a victim” as their next president?

Nonetheless, Trump is a unique victim who can never lose. In his mind, he is always a winner, which means the contest must be rigged if he does not emerge victorious. The worst name he can ever be called is “loser” — which explains why he manufactured the “Big Lie” to cover his 2020 reelection defeat.

And what was the overarching reason behind the Jan. 6 attack? So that Trump could go from “loser” to “winner” after the Electoral College results were overturned.

Looking ahead to 2023, what if Trump is indicted by the Justice Department (more likely every day) and the 2024 GOP nomination polls continue to boldly favor DeSantis? While Trump fears losing, what course of action is available to him before the primaries begin? Surely not a traditional campaign withdrawal speech.

Instead, Trump could play the poor health card and withdraw, a plausible excuse after he turns 77 in June. That way, Trump saves face by not being called a “loser” — only a victim of bodily maladies beyond his control.

Then imagine his predictable social media message: “I was winning the nomination and would have won the general election, but my doctor says I am at risk for (fill in the blank) and must end my campaign.”

The foundation for such an announcement was laid on April 4, 2022. During an interview with The Washington Post, Trump hinted that health problems could factor into his 2024 campaign decision, saying, “You always have to talk about health. You look like you’re in good health, but tomorrow, you get a letter from a doctor saying come see me again. That’s not good when they use the word again.”

Eyebrows were raised when Trump admitted human frailty, while skeptics saw the strategic potential for him to mix health with political face-saving.

Although Trump’s Nov. 15 presidential announcement negated playing his health card, he still holds the ace to save face if the following triple pressures become too intense in 2023:

First and potentially, Trump could be fighting the feds in a multicount federal indictment. Second and very likely, Trump wages a nasty nomination battle against DeSantis. Initially, the primary bench could be crowded, but ultimately, more likely the GOP nomination will be a two-man death match. 

Third, Trump must be the commanding general in the forthcoming GOP civil war against powerful forces who want a fresh face amid polls showing Trump could sink the GOP in 2024.

These three factors strengthen my hunch that Trump’s presidential campaign will end by this time next year.

Conversely, since Trump is known to be ruthless, narcissistic and can’t appear to lose, many will say the prospect of him dropping out is ridiculous. But that is the beauty of playing the health card in late 2023. Health problems, real or manufactured, could be used offensively, allowing Trump to maintain control of his non-defeat if he is careening toward inevitable primary defeats.

Most importantly, the health card protects his winning persona, allowing him to play kingmaker from the sidelines.

Myra Adams writes about politics and religion for numerous publications. She is a RealClearPolitics contributor and served on the creative team of two GOP presidential campaigns in 2004 and 2008. Follow her on Twitter @MyraKAdams.

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

There you go. Thad s why I shouldn’t support Desantis. 

He has a book wt Trump's picture on it and one with Reagan's picture on it.  Reagan is turning in the grave knowing this criminal equates the 2 together.  

Stone represents the very worse of politics.  The guy should be behind bars with Trump. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Noem (via her spokesperson) goes after Desantis as not being pro-life enough.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/kristi-noem-spox-lets-loose-on-desantis-in-fiery-interview-does-he-believe-that-14-week-old-babies-dont-have-a-right-to-live/

Noem spokesperson Ian Fury was contacted by National Review reporter Nate Hochman about the “transgender lobby” in South Dakota, but found Fury offering some blunt digs at Florida’s governor.

Hochman reported:

Fury responded with a lengthy statement rejecting “any implication that Governor Noem is overly cozy with” the major lobbying groups that helped kill a long line of anti-gender-ideology bills in the state. But in a follow-up email, he pivoted to an unprompted diatribe about the contrast between Noem’s and DeSantis’s records on the issue of abortion.

Fury questioned the pro-life commitment of DeSantis while touting Noem’s own pro-life views.

“Where was Governor DeSantis? Hiding behind a 15-week ban. Does he believe that 14-week-old babies don’t have a right to live?” Fury said, after touting Noem for defending the Dobbs reversal by the Supreme Court. DeSantis signed a 15 week abortion ban last year.

Fury also went after the National Review and accused the outlet of “carrying water” for the Florida governor.

“He closed out the email by speculating as to whether National Review was ‘no longer pro-life . . . because that’s the message you send by carrying water for Gov. DeSantis,'” Hochman wrote in his Thursday report.

• 2 weeks later...

Nikki Haley sounding like she is very close to throwing her hat into the ring.   I'm torn on her.  She may not be a cult member but said she would not run if Trump ran.  That shows too much respect for the guy especially after Jan 6.   She addresses that issue in the interview.   But if it came down between her and current VP Harris - there is no way I could vote for a shallow minded, giggling Harris. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/01/19/nikki_haley_on_2024_run_can_i_be_that_leader_yes_i_think_i_can.html

BAIER:  OK.

A reporter was asking you if you would support Donald Trump if he ran again in 2024. And you told this AP reporter: "Yes. I would not run if President Trump ran. And I would talk to him about it." And you added: "That's something that we will have a conversation about at some point."

Obviously, President Trump, former President Trump, is running. What has changed, if you are where you are?

HALEY:  I had a great working relationship with the president. I appreciate all the foreign policy issues we worked on together.

But what I will tell you is, the survival of America matters. And it's bigger than one person. And when you're looking at the future of America, I think it's time for new generational change. I don't think you need to be 80 years old to go be a leader in D.C. I think we need a young generation to come in, step up, and really start fixing things.

And all of that, when I said that, was before we surrendered to Afghanistan. It was before we saw this high inflation and high crime. It was before we saw drugs infesting all of our states. It was before we saw our foreign policy in disarray. So a lot has changed.

And when I look at that, I look at the fact, if I'm this passionate, and I'm this determined, why not me?

So the fact that Nickki stood by Trump's side and did nothing to stop him while he was in office is acceptable?  

The Nicki Haley who said that  “For many people in our state, the (confederate) flag stands for traditions that are noble — traditions of history, of heritage and of ancestry."  (granted she did take it down, but not without doing a "there are good people on both sides" move. 

The Nicki Haley who stood by Trump until after the 1/6 attacks (glad she saw the light then, but should it have taken that?)

I could care less if she would back out now as a form of respect for him, my issue is that she is one of the many who enabled him while he was in office and knew better.  

Tell me examples of why you think VP Harris is shallow minded?  

Truly want to understand TG.   To me character matters, and if Nicki was too cowardly to stand up and do the right thing when she had a lot of power and visibility with Trump why would I expect she could do so with Putin and any other situation that requires proper decision making for the greater good.  Just like I'd never be able to vote for Pence, or John Kelly or Pompeo, Mnuchin, Azar, Carson etc etc.

• Plus1 5

15 hours ago, NM11046 said:

So the fact that Nickki stood by Trump's side and did nothing to stop him while he was in office is acceptable?  

The Nicki Haley who said that  “For many people in our state, the (confederate) flag stands for traditions that are noble — traditions of history, of heritage and of ancestry."  (granted she did take it down, but not without doing a "there are good people on both sides" move. 

The Nicki Haley who stood by Trump until after the 1/6 attacks (glad she saw the light then, but should it have taken that?)

I could care less if she would back out now as a form of respect for him, my issue is that she is one of the many who enabled him while he was in office and knew better.  

Truly want to understand TG.   To me character matters, and if Nicki was too cowardly to stand up and do the right thing when she had a lot of power and visibility with Trump why would I expect she could do so with Putin and any other situation that requires proper decision making for the greater good.  Just like I'd never be able to vote for Pence, or John Kelly or Pompeo, Mnuchin, Azar, Carson etc etc.

Yep….way to much Trump stank.  

On 1/20/2023 at 5:30 PM, NM11046 said:

I should have clarified. If it comes down to Harris or any of the Trump enablers I’ll probably be looking hard at the 3rd party candidate or write your name in NM:)

I won’t vote for trump lite  so I’m hoping for one of 2 options 

1 Gov Hogan or Liz Cheney or some other never trumper is nominated by the GOP. Since that is very unlikely then

2 the Dems nominate a governor who is able to cross the divide and bring the country together. I just think Harris is a light weight. Biden should have chosen the Michigan gov who would have been a much better Bo and future candidate 

• Thanks 1

GOP won't compete in in CPD sponsored debates.  :cry

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/don-t-waste-your-time-rnc-tells-potential-debate-hosts/ar-AA16EQTF?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=518d885ba47f4688bfa61ba5369b16ca

The Commission on Presidential Debates is accepting applications from sites interested in hosting a 2024 general election presidential or vice-presidential debate, but the Republican National Committee is reminding applicants the party’s nominee won’t participate in forums hosted by the panel.

“Don’t waste your time,” RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tweeted Monday. “The GOP nominee will not be participating in any debate put on by the biased and flawed CPD.”

The RNC changed its rules last year to prohibit its nominees from participating in debates sponsored by the nonpartisan commission after former President Donald Trump complained about moderators being unfair to him in 2020 and plans for candidates to appear remotely because of the coronavirus pandemic.

• Haha 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election