The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, commando said:

trump isn't going easy on desantis.   and as far as i can tell.....i think this might be a first.  it is mostly truthful.

Wow hell must have frozen over and pigs must be flying because I found something I agree with Trump on : I don’t want DeSantis to be president either 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1

Cat fight!!  Is Desantis ever going to fight back or is he just going to let Trump ream him a new one almost daily?

“In Education, Florida ranks among the worst in the Country and on crime statistics, Florida ranked Third Worst in Murder, Third Worst in Rape, and Third Worst in Aggravated Assault. For 2022, Jacksonville was ranked as one of the Top 25 Major Crime Cities in the Country, with Tampa and Orlando not doing much better,” Trump contended.

“On Education, Florida ranks #39 in Health & Safety in the Country, #50 in Affordability, and #30 in Education & Childcare

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Cat fight!!  Is Desantis ever going to fight back or is he just going to let Trump ream him a new one almost daily?

I think Ronald is sitting back and praying that Trump is indicted and ultimately shut up through that.  If he is indicted and it ends really bad for Trump, then just staying quiet and letting the justice system work is the prudent thing to do.

• TBH 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think Ronald is sitting back and praying that Trump is indicted and ultimately shut up through that.  If he is indicted and it ends really bad for Trump, then just staying quiet and letting the justice system work is the prudent thing to do.

Or dies

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Looking for help on this one since I hardly follow the Russia/Ukraine story……

As I understand it…Russia says parts of Ukraine should actually be Russian territory, Ukraine and most of the rest of the world says bulls#!t, it’s sovereign Ukrainian land i.e. territory.   So Russia and Ukraine are disputing which country that land belongs too (hence a territorial dispute).  
Russia has since invaded Ukraine (illegally by most of the rest of the worlds accounts) which would make Putin a war criminal by all accounts.    So what’s the factual error with what DeSantis has said and how is it a tune change??

It seems the description is correct and the discussion should focus on what each candidate would do about it imo. 

• Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

As I understand it…Russia says parts of Ukraine should actually be Russian territory, Ukraine and most of the rest of the world says bulls#!t, it’s sovereign Ukrainian land i.e. territory.   So Russia and Ukraine are disputing which country that land belongs too (hence a territorial dispute).  
Russia has since invaded Ukraine (illegally by most of the rest of the worlds accounts) which would make Putin a war criminal by all accounts.    So what’s the factual error with what DeSantis has said and how is it a tune change??

It seems the description is correct and the discussion should focus on what each candidate would do about it imo. 

The factual error is that he originally said that funding Ukraine against Russia's unprovoked aggression is "not a vital national interest".  Knowing Putin's desires to essentially reconstitute the former boundaries of the Soviet Union, Desantis was wrong.  History tells us this. Allowing Putin to pursue his goals destabilizes the entire European continent and is absolutely in our vital interests.  

• Plus1 5
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I don't believe that you're that uneducated on the subject.  This has been talked about at length right here on this site with many linked articles. 

The war is way more than just a "territorial dispute".  Putin believes that he should just be able to invade and take over what ever area he wants.  His goal was to take over the entire country and take out the Ukrainian Government.  He's trying to just settle for a little bit of land to save face.  While doing so, he has committed many international war crimes and has threatened other countries.  

Desantis comes out acting like it's just a little dispute halfway around the world....why should we care.  It proved that he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about on foreign affairs.  It's obvious that someone got in his ear and told him how stupid he sounded and now he's trying to change his narrative.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election