The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Re: that Peggy Noonan piece.

Peggy seems thrilled that Robert F. Kennedy Jr., is getting traction as a Democratic candidate, and seems untroubled that voters who know nothing about him are willing to hand him the mantle of the family name, despite RFK's own family distancing themselves from RFK Jr's. multiple forays into conspiracy theories, including a horribly flawed take on his own father's assassination and a zealous anti-vax narrative. The possibility that this populist lunacy could be an asset, but with a (D) attached? Is that the kind of shake-up the nation really needs? 

If RFK's candidacy goes any further (I don't think it will, Peggy) it would be the most depressing result possible: "We're desperate! We need new blood! Oh look, a Kennedy!"

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Re: that Peggy Noonan piece.

Peggy seems thrilled that Robert F. Kennedy Jr., is getting traction as a Democratic candidate, and seems untroubled that voters who know nothing about him are willing to hand him the mantle of the family name, despite RFK's own family distancing themselves from RFK Jr's. multiple forays into conspiracy theories, including a horribly flawed take on his own father's assassination and a zealous anti-vax narrative. The possibility that this populist lunacy could be an asset, but with a (D) attached? Is that the kind of shake-up the nation really needs? 

If RFK's candidacy goes any further (I don't think it will, Peggy) it would be the most depressing result possible: "We're desperate! We need new blood! Oh look, a Kennedy!"

Name alone doesn't make him qualified.  His anti-vax campaign calls into question his judgement.  With that being said, we did have a president who thought ingesting bleach would kill the virus.  I guess that is true - kill the host would kill the virus alright.  Presidents playing doctor or medical expert hasn't worked out so well in the past.  

There is probably a more qualified Kennedy waiting in the wings.  Joe P Kennedy lll.  Former Mass. 4th district congressman.  

• 2 weeks later...

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe he should take it first. 

Does Victor think his people are too stupid to pass it?

on a side note.  Since you can’t drink till you’re 21, I’d be cool will changing the voting age, gun owner age, and age to serve in military all to 21.   

• Fire 1

On 5/12/2023 at 12:00 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Why limit to 18-25 year olds? It's abundantly clear we have s#!tloads of Baby Boomers who don't understand basic civics, and the GOP frontrunner for President doesn't either.

Even better, anyone who has passed a high school social studies class is eligible to take the test and earn the right to vote. Age is just a number there are millions of high school aged kids that are better informed than registered voters. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
16 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I know there's a lot of debate about parents and non-educators dictating curricula, but I think it makes a lot of sense for everybody if both home economics and civics were mandatory in high school. 

Home economics, as in like, the old school home ec?

Civics (or a version of it, American Gov, Poly Sci) is mandatory at every district that I know of.  Just not at Montessori where you just play with a box all day.

Personal Finance is/has become mandatory in a lot of places. 

• TBH 3
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

LOL, you spend 5 years licking the boots of the biggest wantabe dictator America has experienced.  And, now you want yo convince us that YOU will bring the party back to respectability?   Ummm…no thanks. 

Pence vs Biden...my god.  

• Plus1 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election