The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And some think we should take the Republican Party seriously. :laughpound

Again, you should have listened to the interview in its entirety not a preselected shortened clip so you could actually understand what he is saying and not saying. :laughpound

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Again, you should have listened to the interview in its entirety not a preselected shortened clip so you could actually understand what he is saying and not saying. :laughpound

This is the entire question and the entire answer:

CLAY: We’re talking to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. He announced yesterday he is joining us live here to start off the program. I’m sure you agree — you have a law background; you’ve obviously been very aggressive legally in what you can and cannot do as the governor of Florida, Department of Justice — the FBI has gone after the January 6 defendants with reckless, I would say abandoned. A big part of being president is pardon powers. Do you think the January 6 defendants deserve to have their cases examined by a Republican president? And if Trump, let’s say, gets charged with federal offenses and you are the president of the United States, would you look at potentially pardoning Trump himself based on the evidence that might emerge of those charges?

GOV. DESANTIS: The DOJ and FBI have been weaponized. We see that. We see it in a variety of contexts, some of which you mentioned. Some of it is the FBI going after parents, going to school board meeting. Some of it’s how they treat a pro-life demonstrator, how they don’t go after people that are attacking pro-lifers. And so what I’m going to do is — I’m going to do on Day One – I will have folks that will get together and look at all these cases, who are people who are victims of weaponization or political targeting, and we will be aggressive at issuing pardons. Now, some of these cases, some people may have a technical violation of the law.

But if there are three other people who did the same thing, but just in a context like BLM and they don’t get prosecuted at all, that is uneven application of justice, and so we’re going to find ways where that did not happen. And then we will use the pardon power — and I will do that at the front end. You know, a lot of people wait until the end of the administration to issue pardons. We’re going to find examples where government’s been weaponized against disfavored groups, and we will apply relief as appropriate. But it will be done on a case-by-case basis, because I think you’ve got to make sure that… There’s a whole bunch of cases that don’t necessarily get headlines. But if people are being treated just because they don’t get on TV or something, they’re being treated disfavorably. They need to have a fair hearing as well.

This should completely disqualify him as President.  He's specifically asked about J6 defendants and immediately starts claiming the DOJ and FBI have been weaponized.  If he thinks people being prosecuted for attacking our country, sorry....no....this idiot should not be President.

He refuses to come out and say Biden won and the election wasn't stolen.  Here he claims J6 defendants being prosecuted is an example of people being prosecuted because of politics.  That's total BS.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is the entire question and the entire answer:

This should completely disqualify him as President.  He's specifically asked about J6 defendants and immediately starts claiming the DOJ and FBI have been weaponized.  If he thinks people being prosecuted for attacking our country, sorry....no....this idiot should not be President.

He refuses to come out and say Biden won and the election wasn't stolen.  Here he claims J6 defendants being prosecuted is an example of people being prosecuted because of politics.  That's total BS.

Ya, I actually listened to the interview….the relevant piece here because he isn’t talking about any and all J6 defendants.  

But if there are three other people who did the same thing, but just in a context like BLM and they don’t get prosecuted at all, that is uneven application of justice, and so we’re going to find ways where that did not happen.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, I actually listened to the interview….the relevant piece here because he isn’t talking about any and all J6 defendants.  

But if there are three other people who did the same thing, but just in a context like BLM and they don’t get prosecuted at all, that is uneven application of justice, and so we’re going to find ways where that did not happen.

This is where I took the quote from.  On the link, there is an audio version of the interview.  So....yes....I listened to it too.

https://www.clayandbuck.com/clay-bucks-exclusive-interview-with-ron-desantis/

I stand by my comments.  He was specifically asked about J6 defendants and then went right into claiming the DOJ and FBI have been weaponized.  That's complete BS when it pertains to J6 defendants that ATTACKED OUR COUNTRY!!!

• Plus1 1

The correct answer should have been:

"On January 6th, our country was attacked by rioters and many of them did it with the intent of harming or killing our elected officials with the motivation that the election was stolen and Trump really won.  They were motivated by a lie and the DOJ is correct in prosecuting the people who did that.

Now, we also need to look at the DOJ and FBI and make sure they are prosecuting others that do similar things."

Instead, he went right into claiming the prosecuting J6 defendants is evidence of DOJ being weaponized....which is BS.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is where I took the quote from.  On the link, there is an audio version of the interview.  So....yes....I listened to it too.

https://www.clayandbuck.com/clay-bucks-exclusive-interview-with-ron-desantis/

I stand by my comments.  He was specifically asked about J6 defendants and then went right into claiming the DOJ and FBI have been weaponized.  That's complete BS when it pertains to J6 defendants that ATTACKED OUR COUNTRY!!!

Aaaaannnnnddddds, you totally dismiss his comment about uneven application of the law comment, again.   

And since you claim to have listened to the interview, you would understand he also clearly stated there are people arrested and convicted for offenses on J6 that he wouldn’t touch.   And you would have also noticed his comment about a grandma, which you would then understand what case he is referencing and understand what type of people/cases would be looked at.    

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election