The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we are all okay with fighting "woke education" teachers don't need to push any agenda on students, no matter what that agenda may or may not be.  Just like I would not want a teacher pushing some crazy conservative agenda on their students. 

Corporations?  Let them do what they want and the consumers will dictated, #Capitalism

Halls of Congress, I am not really sure what that even means.

There, once again I come in and make things easy.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think we are all okay with fighting "woke education" teachers don't need to push any agenda on students, no matter what that agenda may or may not be.  Just like I would not want a teacher pushing some crazy conservative agenda on their students. 

Corporations?  Let them do what they want and the consumers will dictated, #Capitalism

Well things certainly SEEM easier when you're mixing your Canadian Mist with codeine cough syrup. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

Maybe!  But, probably it’s just easy.

I see you deleted your further probing questions, and appreciate your preference not to think about it too much, but it's not easy. 

Not easy means long lecturing posts and who needs those?

So I'll try to keep it brief:

1) Are we fighting "woke" education, or just plain education? That's the not easy part. The side that is trying to remove the discomforting parts of black history or the mere existence of less popular sexuality think they are fighting an agenda, when they clearly have an agenda of their own. This is something worth paying attention to if you're an educator who errs on the side of fact.  btw...what subject do you teach? 

2) Capitalism? I know it always sounds clean and easy that profit-motives demand efficiency and consumers form the ultimate democracy, but it doesn't always work that way.  Or, to be blunt, unregulated Capitalism often works horribly and in the opposite direction. Most recently, the 2007-08 economic meltdown, where every deregulated entity wanted to pretend it was Goldman Sachs and started playing with bundled derivatives and making tons of money. These are smart guys and almost anyone could see that not only was this unsustainable, but a disastrous time bomb in the making. Yet none of these Capitalists was willing to stop the flow of short term profits. The results took down the global economy. Consumers and taxpayers took the hit, and the Capitalists walked -- many with f#&%ing bonuses. Because that's the system Capitalism has designed: the public assumes the risk while the private sector profits. This isn't Lefty s#!t. It's the playbook they use in broad daylight. Let them do what they want? Are you nuts?

3) Halls of Congress. This is where the codeine kicked in and you didn't even make an observation. If you really believe the solution to our legislative catfight is easy, I remain all ears. 

• Plus1 3
27 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I see you deleted your further probing questions, and appreciate your preference not to think about it too much, but it's not easy. 

Not easy means long lecturing posts and who needs those?

So I'll try to keep it brief:

1) Are we fighting "woke" education, or just plain education? That's the not easy part. The side that is trying to remove the discomforting parts of black history or the mere existence of less popular sexuality think they are fighting an agenda, when they clearly have an agenda of their own. This is something worth paying attention to if you're an educator who errs on the side of fact.  btw...what subject do you teach? 

2) Capitalism? I know it always sounds clean and easy that profit-motives demand efficiency and consumers form the ultimate democracy, but it doesn't always work that way.  Or, to be blunt, unregulated Capitalism often works horribly and in the opposite direction. Most recently, the 2007-08 economic meltdown, where every deregulated entity wanted to pretend it was Goldman Sachs and started playing with bundled derivatives and making tons of money. These are smart guys and almost anyone could see that not only was this unsustainable, but a disastrous time bomb in the making. Yet none of these Capitalists was willing to stop the flow of short term profits. The results took down the global economy. Consumers and taxpayers took the hit, and the Capitalists walked -- many with f#&%ing bonuses. Because that's the system Capitalism has designed: the public assumes the risk while the private sector profits. This isn't Lefty s#!t. It's the playbook they use in broad daylight. Let them do what they want? Are you nuts?

3) Halls of Congress. This is where the codeine kicked in and you didn't even make an observation. If you really believe the solution to our legislative catfight is easy, I remain all ears. 

That was brief?  My gosh...

1.  I am not fighting anything in education.  It is easy, teach and go home.  Next

2. Capitalism works.  Do people mess up, sure, but capitalism works.  The government doesn't need to try and stop "woke business" at all, leave it alone, let the consumer decide.  You actually are not even really discussing when I am.  I am saying that government should not care about wokeness in business...I assume you agree with this. 

3.  I don't know what to say about Congress because it should be easy but people get stupid.  We both know it should be easy.  

These things SHOULD be easy.  Which we both agree.

• TBH 3

On 6/3/2023 at 3:36 PM, teachercd said:

Education, Capitalism and Politics. 

This Colorado teacher did a speech in May about a forceful cultural revolution that went a bit viral. I think they had one of these in China. :D I do not think he likes Capitalism much either.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, nic said:

Education, Capitalism and Politics. 

This Colorado teacher did a speech in May about a forceful cultural revolution that went a bit viral. I think they had one of these in China. :D I do not think he likes Capitalism much either.

Let me know when Tim Hernandez is invited to dine at Mar-a-Lago, address a major political fundraiser, or invades a federal building.  

• Plus1 1

OK...after this, I'm willing to listen.

I know I won't agree with him on everything and I'm sure people on here can go find stupid things he's said or voted for...bla bla bla.....  But....America needs this kind of political discussion and NOT just people yelling at each other and demonizing the people who disagree with them.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Let me know when Tim Hernandez is invited to dine at Mar-a-Lago, address a major political fundraiser, or invades a federal building.  

This always makes be chuckle. The both-sides stuff from Conservative posters.

It's always a Democrat on a county environmental commission compared to leading candidates for the Republican nomination - the overall leader of which is currently having a meltdown over a pending indictment.

• TBH 3
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election