The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From my post in the What did we learn? The 2020 election version: 

With Trump's defeat, the door is left open for one very undesirable consequence  -the Glover Cleveland option.   As you know, Cleveland was the only president who had a split 8 year presidency. He served 4 years, was defeated, and came back 4 years later and won another 4 years.   This isn't hard to predict, one does not need to be a prophet:  During the next 4 years, Trump will use his new media platform (OAN or a new platform) to obstruct, to signal, to dog whistle and to stir and make it difficult for Biden to get anything done.  He will do this in coordination with The Turtle.   He will keep his base fired up by feeding them wt falsehoods of every kind.  He will then ride down  that escalator one more time and announce his "Second Coming" and the Cult will be energized even more than before.  Perhaps his false prophet VP pick this time will be Tucker Carlson.

Edit:  Trump may be doing the obstruction from a jail cell.  Which would excite his cult members even more.

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

With Trump's defeat, the door is left open for one very undesirable consequence  -the Glover Cleveland option.   As you know, Cleveland was the only president who had a split 8 year presidency. He served 4 years, was defeated, and came back 4 years later and won another 4 years.   This isn't hard to predict, one does not need to be a prophet:  During the next 4 years, Trump will use his new media platform (OAN or a new platform) to obstruct, to signal, to dog whistle and to stir and make it difficult for Biden to get anything done.  He will do this in coordination with The Turtle.   He will keep his base fired up by feeding them wt falsehoods of every kind.  He will then ride down  that escalator one more time and announce his "Second Coming" and the Cult will be energized even more than before.  Perhaps his false prophet VP pick this time will be Tucker Carlson.

Edit:  Trump may be doing the obstruction from a jail cell.  Which would excite his cult members even more.

I don’t think McConnell needs him anymore. It’ll be interesting to see which Republicans stay friendly with Trump. 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t think McConnell needs him anymore. It’ll be interesting to see which Republicans stay friendly with Trump. 

Flimsy Graham is still fully on board with spewing Trump crap.  That might just be him trying to save himself if (God forbid) Trump pulls this out and wins.  It will be interesting to see what he says if Biden wins and Trump isn't in Washington anymore.

However, I've long felt that Trump has some dirt on him that makes him do this.  So....that won't change and he will continue licking his feet.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

However, I've long felt that Trump has some dirt on him that makes him do this.  So....that won't change and he will continue licking his feet.

Yes, I also believe that to be the case.  How do you go from a radical anti-trumper to one of his most ardent supporters to the tune of donating $500k to Trump's legal fund last night on national TV. 

Perhaps it will be Newsmax TV that will be Trump's mouth piece after he's removed from the WH.   Fox news (not commentators) is separating themselves from Trump.  Newsmax is embracing Trump.   So surprise since Chris Ruddy, Newsmax head, and trump are good friends and Ruddy belongs to Mar-a-lago. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-gets-ready-to-dump-trump

“Fox is sort of like a suicide of a network,” Christopher Ruddy, the chief executive and majority owner of Newsmax, told The Daily Beast. “A Fox News viewer looks at the continuous negative coverage about the president, the concern about the supposed ‘suckers and losers’ comment, the abominable way Chris Wallace handled that debate, and all of the Fox News polls—which were on the high end of being wrong against Trump. When you add it all up, it paints a really bad picture.”

Ruddy, a friend of the president’s and a member of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, added: “Fox didn’t like Trump, they wanted to get him. I spoke to the president yesterday, and that’s his opinion. He thinks they were definitely out to get him and he’s very upset… He certainly has Irish Alzheimer’s. He forgets everything except the grudges. He definitely remembers all the grudges. It’s not going to be good for Fox either way because Trump, even if he loses, is going to be a force in the media.”

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

If the GOP hasn't learned and remains the same as today and ends up nominating Trump, it is time to burn down the party.  I don't see anyone who has the political weight to remove trump's hands around the GOP's neck. 

But because snow flake trump has had his feelings hurt through this voter rejection, we will be assured that we will have 4 years of trump and his followers subverting whatever Biden tries to do.  Trump will be like the mafia boss who is in jail directing his followers on how to keep the criminal enterprise afloat.  Unless Trump is put in jail for real, the country will have to endure 4 years of his narcissistic blather.  

• Plus1 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election