The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

now, why would this POS have to make a deal with the IRS if he’s paid his taxes?  Does anyone here just get to make a deal to pay less taxes?  No???

Buttttttt  I thought his, very complicated mind you,  taxes were under audit all this time. How could there be a agreement if there was an on going audit:dunno

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

Interesting article about Va Gov Youngkin  I have heard much about him or listened to him but based on this article I would probably prefer him over all the known current / potential GOP candidates. Granted that isn’t a high bar to get over at this point. 

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/03/29/glenn-youngkin-presidential-candidacy-republican-party-00089346

• Plus1 1

hmmmm - his record since taking office is what I'd call extreme.  He has reinvigorated the lifetime ban on voting for felons (now the most strict in the US) regardless of their crime, has been on the bad side of the CRT drama and has attacked transgender people (including backing a teacher who was suspended based on the treatment of an LGTBQ student).  He is against same sex marriage.  The people of his state have questioned the time he has spent outside his state (all in an effort to build recognition for POTUS run) and probably most telling has spent a TON of time on Tucker and Hannity.  Which I know if going to be required of any GOP candidate, but it puts a really really bad taste in my mouth based on what we know Fox agenda to be.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

6 hours ago, NM11046 said:

hmmmm - his record since taking office is what I'd call extreme.  He has reinvigorated the lifetime ban on voting for felons (now the most strict in the US) regardless of their crime, has been on the bad side of the CRT drama and has attacked transgender people (including backing a teacher who was suspended based on the treatment of an LGTBQ student).  He is against same sex marriage.  The people of his state have questioned the time he has spent outside his state (all in an effort to build recognition for POTUS run) and probably most telling has spent a TON of time on Tucker and Hannity.  Which I know if going to be required of any GOP candidate, but it puts a really really bad taste in my mouth based on what we know Fox agenda to be.

hmmmmmmmmmm  good to know that he appears to be a carbon copy of the rest of the extreme group of GOP contenders then.    Again, I sure hope the Dems come up with a younger, viable candidate.  Otherwise - who will be on the Libertarian Party's ticket?  - most likely some fly by night unknown candidate.    

Speaking of extreme - Trump goes after Trump Light in the discussion of Ukraine. Trump is mad that DeSantis was rude toward his puppet master Putin. 

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-russia-2659692639/

In a new video posted to his Truth Social platform on Thursday, former President Donald Trump went after Gov. Ron DeSantis for being purportedly disrespectful to Russian despot Vladimir Putin.

"Calling Russia 'a gas station with a bunch of nuclear weapons' or calling Putin a, quote, 'authoritarian gas station attendant with some legacy of nuclear weapons from the old Soviet Union' is exactly the kind of simple-minded thinking that has produced decades of failed diplomacy and war," said Trump. "Where is that war going? Those such as Mitt Romney and Ron DeSantis ... who insist on arrogantly treating Russia as deeply inferior to the other nations of the world, with no history or culture or pride, are not only ignorant and foolish, but that attitude makes it impossible to negotiate peace, absolutely impossible."

Trump went on to accuse DeSantis of "rude" treatment of Putin, even while claiming that his administration was "tougher on Russia than any administration before."

"This kind of neocon rhetoric mocking Russia's nuclear weapons, along with implying that Putin must be tried and presumably executed as a war criminal, only increases the risk of deadly, nuclear escalation," said Trump, parroting a frequent Kremlin talking point.

12 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

FsgRDcoXsAQq8do?format=jpg&name=large

FsgSaQ8WIAAlXID?format=jpg&name=900x900

At this point, all these Republicans that feel they need to come out and support Trump instead of the judicial system are accomplices to any problems the country has moving forward over this issue.

Here's an idea....don't say anything till you see what the charges are and what happens at trial.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
On 3/31/2023 at 8:00 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Here's an idea....don't say anything till you see what the charges are and what happens at trial.

There is literally an entire thread of people saying anything and not waiting till trial on Trump “legal issues.”   Why is this the one people can’t say anything about? 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election