The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Respectfully, I don't think you're understanding my position or the position of others properly.

Of course things changed that much because of the debate; look around us. Again, the panic isn't panic that Joe is an unqualified candidate for the office. He's got a competent qualified cabinet and clear platform that has resulted in good progress for America, and that would likely continue if he's president from '24-28.

The panic is that this new level of clarity and awareness about his decline is sobering us to the reality that he's going to lose. 

Yeah. This. Joe was likely to lose prior to the debate. The debate was the side-by-side comparison America needed to snap us back to reality, Joe bringing the rock solid case and Trump uttering hateful gibberish. It was the best chance for Biden to narrow the gap and build momentum.

You really can't overstate how poorly Joe performed and what a squandered opportunity it became. Biden supporters and the handful of swing voters had only one big concern: is Joe too old and is he still up to the job?  Overnight a bad situation got worse. And although it seemed to happen that fast, it was also months in the making, 

Joe has not performed well in a lot of those closed door meetings, and Democrats fighting for their own seats, for the party's future, and for America have both a right and duty to consider the alternatives. 

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

You're a betting man. Feel free to bet the house on Allan Lichtman.

And remember....if you win (and I hope you do) you also get a free hug from me. 

Like I will ever forget that. :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I like dissing Trump as much as the next guy, unless that guy is Brian Krassenstein who is as sloppy as he is prolific. 

I don’t know Brian Krassenstein from Krain Brassenstein but I do like how he started with the golf challenge story and brought it home with “par for the course”. :lol:

• TBH 1
15 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t know Brian Krassenstein from Krain Brassenstein but I do like how he started with the golf challenge story and brought it home with “par for the course”. :lol:

I think there are two Krassenstein bros and they are both super dorks BUT they have sort of built up some sort of weird empire.  

• Plus1 1

Anyone cavitating between Biden and the felon is helping the felon.

This is a binary choice. Biden and democracy or literally anything else and the felon wins, and democracy ends.

Every drop of ink you spill, every binary digit you flip worrying, helps the felon.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is a binary choice. Biden and democracy or literally anything else and the felon wins, and democracy ends.

Every drop of ink you spill, every binary digit you flip worrying, helps the felon.

Oooooor, we could have a different democratic candidate who isn't 80 something.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Oooooor, we could have a different democratic candidate who isn't 80 something.

It's four months from the general election. Show when changing candidates for any party has literally ever worked at this stage.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It's four months from the general election. Show when changing candidates for any party has literally ever worked at this stage.

My mind is made up. Got to stay with Biden at this point.  Worse case if he wins is that he turns it over to Harris on Jan 22, 2025. But she will have plenty of VP picks who can help her. Other adults will remain in the cabinet and we’ll move forward while avoiding the authoritarian rule of the criminal.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

Democrats are damn stupid. The republican party could keep dimensia Reagan in office, but once again democrats prove they can't shut their freaking mouths and make the power play for the good of the country. For once take a page out of the Republican playbook and realize maintaining power is the most important thing right now. The rest of it comes after November. Just shut the heck up and quit throwing your own under the bus. Al Franken is somewhere shaking his head that this dumb a$$ party still can't figure out how to get out of their own way. It's no wonder Republicans think they could win a civil war. Democrats are more likely to shoot themselves in the foot than shoot an enemy. 

• TBH 3
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

"You don't have a choice in who you vote for, and you aren't allowed to be worried, and you can't talk about it" is not the pro-democracy argument you think it is. Not to mention you're saying this to decided Biden voters.

Also not at all what the conversation was, if you'd care to try and listen.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 1