The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Since you are Republican, is there anyone you would vote for with an R behind his/her name? 

Archy, I  answer  your question with the post above.  I will also add, if a Dem comes along who I could support, I would do so.  The door is open.  They can earn my vote just like a GOPer. 

My question to you is:  Is there a situation in a race for a federal position (House, Senate, President)  where you would vote for a Democrat instead of the Republican?  In other words, do you ever see yourself voting for a Dem and if so, what kind of situation would prompt you to do so?

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Archy, I  answer  your question with the post above.  I will also add, if a Dem comes along who I could support, I would do so.  The door is open.  They can earn my vote just like a GOPer. 

My question to you is:  Is there a situation in a race for a federal position (House, Senate, President)  where you would vote for a Democrat instead of the Republican?  In other words, do you ever see yourself voting for a Dem and if so, what kind of situation would prompt you to do so?

If I lived in AZ, I could see myself voting to re-elect Sinema if the Republican challenger was no good. 

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If I lived in AZ, I could see myself voting to re-elect Sinema if the Republican challenger was no good. 

What about for President?  Do you see any possibility there?

What would it take for a Dem to get your vote for the WH? 

6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

What about for President?  Do you see any possibility there?

What would it take for a Dem to get your vote for the WH? 

I would vote for Kasich before any Dem and I don’t like Kasich.  If I really really didn’t like the candidate whatsoever I probably would write in a candidate before voting for a Dem since their politics are so whacky. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I would vote for Kasich before any Dem and I don’t like Kasich.  If I really really didn’t like the candidate whatsoever I probably would write in a candidate before voting for a Dem since their politics are so whacky. 

gotcha

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yeah....that’s where I was 7-8 years ago and how I received a vote for president in 2016.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Dwayne Johnson any one??

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/540290-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-v-donald-trump-a-serious-comparison

During a recent interview to promote his new NBC sitcom “Young Rock,” actor Dwayne Johnson once again hinted at a potential run for president of the United States. “I would consider a presidential run in the future if that’s what the people wanted,” he said. “Truly, I mean that — and I’m not flippant in any way with my answer. That would be up to the people. ... I would wait, and I would listen. I would have my finger on the pulse, my ear to the ground.”         

At least twice before — once on Ellen DeGeneres's talk show and once in an interview with Vanity Fair — Johnson spoke of “seriously considering” the idea, saying he “wouldn’t rule it out.” After his latest comments on the subject, I ran the idea past several Democratic and Republican friends. All thought his candidacy would be a non-starter.           

Their basic reasoning is that it is virtually impossible for a nonpolitician or civilian to secure a nomination, let alone win the presidency — especially without the backing of one of the two major political parties. Generally, that’s correct. But I disagree with them when it comes to Johnson’s prospects of winning the presidency

The GOP is officially the Trump party.  Even if he doesn't run in 2024, someone reflecting his image, will be the choice of the GOP most likely. 

While a lot can happen in 2-3 years, it seems the GOP has made its bed and is willing to lay in it. 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/28/trump-wins-washington-times-cpac-straw-poll/

President Trump is the early leader among conservatives for the GOP’s 2024 presidential nomination, according to The Washington Times/CPAC poll released Sunday — but even if he’s not at the top of the ticket, conservatives said the Trump agenda must be continued.

Asked flatly whether they want to see Mr. Trump run again, 68% said “Yes,” making him the clear leader.

And when stacked up against a list of 20 other names in the straw poll, Mr. Trump was the pick of 55%, distantly followed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who likely enjoyed a favorite son advantage at this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference, being held in Orlando.

No other candidate topped 5% in the poll.

Even more important than Mr. Trump himself, though, is the agenda he blazed. A stunning 95% of those polled said the GOP must continue to pursue the issues the former president did.

Mr. Trump also had a 97% approval rating.

“He’s literally the most popular figure we have ever had in the conservative movement,” said Jim McLaughlin, the pollster who conducted the survey.

Mr. McLaughlin said those numbers should be a caution to Republicans in Washington who have said the party needs to move beyond Mr. Trump. Grassroots conservatives, he said, “believe that the Trump agenda is the future of the Republican Party.”

Adding to that sense, CPAC attendees were decidedly less enamored with Republicans in Congress. More than 93% said GOP lawmakers aren’t doing enough to fight President Biden in Washington.

The poll included 1,007 attendees at CPAC, which ran from Thursday to Sunday in Orlando, a new location to get around coronavirus restrictions that would have limited the usual locations in the Washington, D.C., area.

A staggering 93% of those polled said voter fraud helped Mr. Biden prevail in last year’s election.

Election integrity also led the list of issues conservatives care about, with 62% naming it as a top-three issue. Constitutional rights was second, with immigration third.

“The Make American Great Again movement is the conservative movement. That is the base of our party,” Mr. McLaughlin said from the CPAC stage after announcing the straw poll results

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I hope Trump does run again in 2024.  People will again show up in droves to vote against him and while they're there, they may as well check the D box for Congress too.  I really doubt he will, though.  He'll pick a favorite candidate and push for them.  At this point, I would guess DeSantis.  It will be interesting to see if his influence can remain as effective with no Twitter or Facebook to spread his lies and attacks.    

The best voter suppression technique the R's can deploy, IMO is keeping Trump off the ballot in 2024. 

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I hope Trump does run again in 2024.  People will again show up in droves to vote against him and while they're there, they may as well check the D box for Congress too.  I really doubt he will, though.  He'll pick a favorite candidate and push for them.  At this point, I would guess DeSantis.  It will be interesting to see if his influence can remain as effective with no Twitter or Facebook to spread his lies and attacks.    

The best voter suppression technique the R's can deploy, IMO is keeping Trump off the ballot in 2024. 

Yes, DeSantis has become the darling of the party with his anti mask position and keeping Florida open during most of covid. He fits in as an anti-establishment rebel that the GOP seems to be courting now.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, DeSantis has become the darling of the party with his anti mask position and keeping Florida open during most of covid. He fits in as an anti-establishment rebel that the GOP seems to be courting now.

He does not have an anti-mask position 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Gov Kristi Noem speech at CPAC.  For conservatives, I think she did a good job of defining why the country needs true conservatives. 

Even though the video title talks about her ripping Joe Biden, in actuality, she spent more time talking about what conservatism

is all about than speaking about Biden or Trump.    I felt it was a good speech. 

This speech may put her in the running for the 2024 nomination.  If not for president, she will be an everyone's short list for

VP.    The GOP needs to walk away from Trumpism to the type of conservatism that has  long standing philosophical roots in the movement.

She also quotes JFK who sounded truly like a conservative - pointing out how much the Democratic party has changed over the years.

• Plus1 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election