The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gov Noem, who says she's not running for president  Vs Gov Haley who is doing all she can to position herself as a pre-primary favorite

Noem is still trying to ride Trump's coat tails while he has them and Haley is starting to distance herself from Trump (wise move).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/haley-noem-differ-in-approach-to-trump-as-2024-jockeying-begins-11615032000

This OPED says it will be DeSantis vs Harris. The question is, while Harris already be president before the 2024 election  - which begs the question

If Biden has to step down due to health issues and Harris becomes President, do we see Democratic primary opponents to Harris and if so who?  Would the Dems try to avoid having primary challengers which mary weaken Harris in the general election?

I think if Joe just decides not to run for a 2nd term and doesn't leave office, I do think there will be a full scale primary season and Harris would have to earn the nomination.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/541589-it-will-be-vice-or-president-harris-against-gov-desantis-in-2024-bet-on

Harris might recognize deep down that a number of Trump policies — which DeSantis could enhance — did move the country in a positive direction. More than that, she is aware that many Americans who voted for Biden in 2020 did so only as a protest against Trump. If Trump doesn’t run in 2024, what percentage of that protest vote would stay home?

Harris will be a formidable candidate when she does run. But to defeat a rising DeSantis, she will need to not only defend any failed Biden-Harris policies, but also convincingly articulate her own vision to move the nation forward. That’s something she was unable to do successfully during the 2020 Democratic primary season. With the power and prestige of the White House behind her, that dynamic will change.    

When the race is on, it will be Harris v. DeSantis. You can bet on it.  

Douglas MacKinnon, a political and communications consultant, was a writer in the White House for Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, and former special assistant for policy and communications at the Pentagon during the last three years of the Bush administration.

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The Royal family, right?

The love fest Republicans have with this family, I will never understand.  

Maybe its a 'birds of a feather' thing.   Trump reveals the heart of many who aren't brave enough to speak out their heart.

• Plus1 4
8 hours ago, TGHusker said:

If Biden has to step down due to health issues and Harris becomes President, do we see Democratic primary opponents to Harris and if so who?  Would the Dems try to avoid having primary challengers which mary weaken Harris in the general election?

I see this as almost certain given Biden’s mental decline in the past 6-8 months.  It will be interesting to see if Harris gets Primaried though.  And I think the article is correct is saying DeSantis is the Republican nominee

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hey everyone, let's keep playing the game where Archy needs everything he finds inconvenient explained to him in an effort to wear down the conversation. 

:rolleyes:

His/her post made no sense in relation to what it’s replied to and I’m asking what it means.  Your post is exactly what you are trying to decry in ‘wear down the conversation’.  Game playing :rolleyes: ? 

• Plus1 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election