The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

DeSantis is a lock even if Trump runs.  All DeSantis has to do is put his hat in the ring and run.  

Oh I agree, I think he is going to have the momentum to be the pick for the GOP. I just wonder how it will all work with Trump etc. Depending on how 2022 goes it will be interesting to see. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

It is because that is the state of the party right now and nobody is condemning it.  I understand why you are embarrassed about it.  But, that doesn't change reality.

Reality is you have no idea what you speak of in your posts when it comes to leadership in the Republican Party.  I understand you are not embarrassed about it which is unfortunate.     

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Oh I agree, I think he is going to have the momentum to be the pick for the GOP. I just wonder how it will all work with Trump etc. Depending on how 2022 goes it will be interesting to see. 

He has done a good job in FL, he isn’t a media hound, and just seems to go about his business in trying to put his constituents in the best position possible during some hard times.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Reality is you have no idea what you speak of in your posts when it comes to leadership in the Republican Party.  I understand you are not embarrassed about it which is unfortunate.     

I don't need to be embarrassed about the Republican Party anymore.  It's great to have the freedom to see it for what it is.

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't need to be embarrassed about the Republican Party anymore.  It's great to have the freedom to see it for what it is.

the other side of the duopoly that exists to keep Americans divided into two spaces and at each others throat so they can leach off of our tax dollars and make themselves rich in the process? 

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

the other side of the duopoly that exists to keep Americans divided into two spaces and at each others throat so they can leach off of our tax dollars and make themselves rich in the process? 

Those aren't our only two choices.

• Plus1 1

With Liz having zero chance of getting a chance within the Trump party, it would be interesting to see her run as an independent.  Maybe, it would be a time in our country where a level headed person like her could actually make some noise.  

There would obviously be the 30% of the population that are trumpees that won't give her a shot.  There's also 30% of the population that would never even think about voting for a conservative from Wyoming. But, that leaves 40% in the middles that she can talk to.

This one issue is going to play into 2024 because if will play into the 2022 election:  Inflation.  I'm sure everyone has noticed the rising prices of basically everything- except salaries. 

If inflation is the issue of 2022, and I believe it will be,  - it will be pinned on Team Biden and the congressional elections will result in the GOP taking back the congress. The massive govt spending will be the culprit behind the inflation.  The GOP will be campaigning once again on tax cuts, govt spending cuts in 2022.  That will grease the skids for whomever the GOP nominates and in particular the return of the 'I told You So" Campaign  by Don, I'm your savior, Trump.  If Trump is unable to run due to legal entanglements, or chooses not to,  then his hand pick stooge, will be the GOP nominee. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/warren-buffett-says-berkshire-hathaway-is-seeing-very-substantial-inflation-and-raising-prices.html

Warren Buffett is seeing inflation among Berkshire Hathaway’s collection of businesses as the economic recovery from the Covid pandemic kicks into high gear.

“We are seeing very substantial inflation,” the Berkshire chairman and CEO said at the conglomerate’s annual shareholder meeting Saturday. “It’s very interesting. We are raising prices. People are raising prices to us and it’s being accepted.”

“We’ve got nine homebuilders in addition to our manufacture housing and operation, which is the largest in the country. So we really do a lot of housing. The costs are just up, up, up. Steel costs, you know, just every day they’re going up,” the legendary investor added.

Berkshire Hathaway owns one of the nation’s largest homebuilders Clayton Homes, along with companies such as Benjamin Moore paints and Shaw flooring.

You can write DeSantis in as the GOP 2024 nominee right now.  He is making a YUGE play on the nomination believing Trump won't run but that Trump will endorse him as heir apparent and place his golden, made in China and marketed by Trump University graduates, robe on DeSantis.  

DeSantis has been all over the news cycle in resent months.  He is following the Trump play book - take all of the air out of the room.  Make the news - good or bad - just make the news and everyone will be talking about you. That is what he wants. He wants to get the early jump by being perceived as  invincible - keeping donors from other potential candidates.  My way too early prediction   DeSantis/Noem ticket. 

55 minutes ago, teachercd said:

My prediction

Trump won't run

Biden won't run

2024 will be totally wide open.

I hope that is the case.   I'd like to see someone other than Harris at the top of the Dem ticket also.

DeSantis sounds like a real jerk.  No wonder Trump likes him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/552308-former-desantis-staffers-form-support-group

A number of former staffers for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) have reportedly formed a “support group” in which they reflect on their hardships and difficult experiences from their time working for the governor. 

Politico Playbook reported Friday that roughly a dozen former aides and consultants to the Florida governor all said that the staunch ally of former President Trump treats staff as expendable workers. 

DeSantis is known among Republicans for having a substantially high turnover rate and currently only has two staffers who have stayed with him since his time in Congress. 

According to data compiled by congressional information firm Legistorm, DeSantis ranked in the 70th percentile for the highest turnover in a House office, Playbook noted. 

As DeSantis faces reelection next year and a potential 2024 White House bid, some of the disgruntled former staffers who spoke to Playbook said the governor does not have the type of stable political team that could sustain a national campaign. 

The staffers told Playbook that DeSantis largely relies on himself and his wife, Casey DeSantis, a former local TV journalist, with a limited number of others within the GOP governor’s inner orbit. 

Playbook reported that within six months of taking office in 2019, DeSantis had already fired five staffers, including a 23-year-old scheduler who worked with him since he launched his gubernatorial race. 

Five of the former staffers told Playbook that DeSantis at the beginning of his gubernatorial term directed Florida Republican Party leadership to fire an official who had cancer during the person’s first week back from surgery. 

Former staffers also said that DeSantis and his wife criticized them for their handling of the fallout from a 2018 Fox News interview in which DeSantis told Florida voters not to “monkey this up” by supporting his Democratic opponent, Andrew Gillum, who is Black.

Shortly after the incident, DeSantis brought in a new group of advisers. 

In response to Playbook’s request for comment on the stories shared by former staffers, DeSantis chief of staff Adrian Lukis sent a five-page document containing positive statements praising the governor from 14 current and former staffers, as well as consultants and party leaders

• Plus1 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election