The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I see. It's not that your party doesn't deny climate change, doesn't race bait voters or isn't undermining Democracy to gain small electoral advantages. Because all that is true.

Oh, I've always wanted to ask. How many Americans do you think died because the guy you supported decided to politicize mask wearing? 1? 10? 100? 1,000? 10,000?

Being stupid and all, I'm not sure. So I wanted to ask somebody like you who might know! 

Well a lot of trash to unpack there.   How much is Man-made climate change is the question as you well know.  Everyone understands the climate is constantly changing in relative time.  
Dems are the party of race baiting.  Just ask Al and Jesse and any MSNBC/CNN guest or host.  
I will go with as many as Fauci caused when he started all the confusion in February and March.  Wonder how many NY’s would have liked to have been told to wear a mask back then.  See how this works. 

I didn’t call you stupid.  Just the post

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It was quite clearly labeled an opinion article? Unlike Fox, which hides behind a company brand with the title of 'News'.

Oh I agree.  I'm just calling out Archibald's hypocrisy bagging on the Daily Beast yet linking the Daily Mail as a source.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Ehh, she could have done way better than me.  I’m the lucky one.  

back to topic, who is your favorite as of today 

If I had to pick a GOP “known” I could go for Kasich, Romney, or even Sasse.  My GOP list is small simply because I require a person to recognize Trump is a clown before I would think about starting to research any more into them.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, funhusker said:

So he's going to miss listening to a madman to focus on recovery efforts in Surf City....

Kudos to him, I guess...

I'd hope any human candidate with an ounce of integrity and brains would make the same decision.  But the fact that he claims he would have gone to the rally under normal circumstances tells me more than I need to know in eliminating him from any candidate list of people I would vote for.

It's probably the smart play. DeSantis is trying to distance himself from Trump without offending the true believers. 

If 98% of the Republican congress is terrified of openly challenging Trump on something as odious as Stop the Steal, I would expect the Presidential candidates to tiptoe around their resident madman for as long as possible. In a couple years they can pretend they never said the things they said. 

DeSantis is much smarter and more of an adult than say, Matt Gaetz, but at the moment they're forced to play the same tune. 

• Plus1 3

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's probably the smart play. DeSantis is trying to distance himself from Trump without offending the true believers. 

If 98% of the Republican congress is terrified of openly challenging Trump on something as odious as Stop the Steal, I would expect the Presidential candidates to tiptoe around their resident madman for as long as possible. In a couple years they can pretend they never said the things they said. 

DeSantis is much smarter and more of an adult than say, Matt Gaetz, but at the moment they're forced to play the same tune. 

This ad is the only disqualifier I ever needed to see. 

I don't care if this was a dem candidate worshipping Obama, this type of pandering is pathetic and gross.

• Plus1 3
6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Well a lot of trash to unpack there.   How much is Man-made climate change is the question as you well know.  Everyone understands the climate is constantly changing in relative time.  
Dems are the party of race baiting.  Just ask Al and Jesse and any MSNBC/CNN guest or host.  
I will go with as many as Fauci caused when he started all the confusion in February and March.  Wonder how many NY’s would have liked to have been told to wear a mask back then.  See how this works. 

I didn’t call you stupid.  Just the post

HAHAHAHAHA

I don't remember Trump saying "climate change is real, caused by humans, but the amount and outcomes are in question". I do remember him saying "climate change is a hoax by China" and appointing a former coal lobbyist to head the EPA.

It's well known that Fauci made that comment so masks would go the way of toilet paper and be panic bought. The danger in nurses and doctors not having enough supply was very real. And the sad thing is... you know this. But accepting this means that the guy you supported, and how he politicized mask wearing, led to the deaths of thousands of Americans. 

As for race baiting, I'll admit that Democrats play it up when they can. But the leader of your party couldn't disavow white Supremecy on National TV.

Democrats are annoying, but your party and those you support are a complete joke. You are a smart guy, but it's entertaining to see you twist and try and make sense of the positions of Trump. It's why I like poking your buttons so much. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
14 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's well known that Fauci made that comment so masks would go the way of toilet paper and be panic bought. The danger in nurses and doctors not having enough supply was very real. And the sad thing is... you know this. But accepting this means that the guy you supported, and how he politicized mask wearing, led to the deaths of thousands of Americans. 

Dr. Fauci's early pandemic statement on masks is used by conservatives to gaslight COVID in the same way they use "Abraham Lincoln was a Republican" to pretend they're not the racist party. 

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Dr. Fauci's early pandemic statement on masks is used by conservatives to gaslight COVID in the same way they use "Abraham Lincoln was a Republican" to pretend they're not the racist party. 

Just to be clear, Fauci, as head of infectious disease, lied to the American Public about masks when he knew the disease was airborne.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

50 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Just to be clear, Fauci, as head of infectious disease, lied to the American Public about masks when he knew the disease was airborne.  

Just to be clear, Trump, as president of the United States, lied to the American Public about Covid disappearing by April when he knew the disease was worse. 

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Just to be clear, Trump, as president of the United States, lied to the American Public about Covid disappearing by April when he knew the disease was worse. 

Just to be clear, scientists adjusted their advice and public statements as more evidence emerged in the unprecedented global event. 

They also admitted what they don't know. 

They remain vastly more trustworthy than the people trying to undermine them.

• Plus1 3
  • 1 month later...

SC Senator Tim Scott  - a name on the rise with a rising bundle of cash.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/09/tim-scott-mega-millions-fundraising-502764

With the top levels of the GOP divided over whether to remain in lockstep with Trump or break away from him, senior Republicans say Scott’s ability to win support from divergent wings of the party could be an asset should he wage a 2024 run.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

Nikki Haley going the Reagan route to increase her presidential profile and prospects. 

Former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley urged Republicans to return to their Reagan-era roots, setting the tone for a possible presidential bid that would attempt to forge an alliance between ardent Donald Trump supporters and the party’s traditional governing wing.

“It has become fashionable in some circles – even in some conservative ones – to dismiss the relevance of Ronald Reagan. They say we must move beyond Reaganism. The times have changed, they say,” Haley said in a speech on Tuesday night at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California. “But dismissing the lessons of Reagan makes no more sense than dismissing the lessons of Lincoln or Washington.”

That remark could be read as an attempt to reclaim a GOP that has transformed into a more protectionist, isolationist -- and perhaps pessimistic -- party. Haley, however, also defended Trump and focused her attacks on his successor.

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/haley-lays-footing-for-would-be-white-house-bid-evoking-reagan
Copyright © BloombergQuint

That remark could be read as an attempt to reclaim a GOP that has transformed into a more protectionist, isolationist -- and perhaps pessimistic -- party. Haley, however, also defended Trump and focused her attacks on his successor.

“The media relentlessly and falsely called Donald Trump a Russian stooge. In eight months in office, Joe Biden has done more to improve Russia’s economic and strategic standing than Trump ever did,” she said, citing Biden’s abandoning efforts to halt the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline from Russia to Germany. “It’s disgraceful.”

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/haley-lays-footing-for-would-be-white-house-bid-evoking-reagan
“The media relentlessly and falsely called Donald Trump a Russian stooge. In eight months in office, Joe Biden has done more to improve Russia’s economic and strategic standing than Trump ever did,” she said, citing Biden’s abandoning efforts to halt the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline from Russia to Germany. “It’s disgraceful.”

"The media relentlessly and falsely called Donald Trump a Russian stooge. In eight months in office, Joe Biden has done more to improve Russia’s economic and strategic standing than Trump ever did,” she said, citing Biden’s abandoning efforts to halt the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline from Russia to Germany. “It’s disgraceful."

https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/haley-lays-footing-for-would-be-white-house-bid-evoking-reagan

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election