The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is what you said.

This is what you offered as proof of what you said.

Are you serious, Clark?

Now you're being disingenuous. Go watch these. They are examples. Not the best. But its what you're getting. I don't have the time appease your need to not use google. If this doesn't suffice, you can google sources that explain that the ads I'm speaking about don't exist ;) 

https://thehill.com/latino/571163-exclusive-pro-biden-group-launches-hispanic-ad-campaign 

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Killing the Keystone Pipeline took away red state jobs because of blue state environmentalists

Democrats care more about illegal immigrants than they do unborn babies. 

Liberals will side with criminals over police officers.

Democratic policies are anti-business.

Teachers and journalists only want to talk about what's wrong with America. 

Urban/Suburban America looks down its nose at the flyover states. 

If you don't approve of the liberal social agenda, you will get canceled or doxed. 

It's a messaging battle and Democrats need to do a better job of answering these. Because they're not all crazy. 

You bring up some good talking points that are actually being discussed amongst rural voters.  Not the Mumbai jumbo the others are saying. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
45 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Killing the Keystone Pipeline took away red state jobs because of blue state environmentalists

Democrats care more about illegal immigrants than they do unborn babies. 

Liberals will side with criminals over police officers.

Democratic policies are anti-business.

Teachers and journalists only want to talk about what's wrong with America. 

Urban/Suburban America looks down its nose at the flyover states. 

If you don't approve of the liberal social agenda, you will get canceled or doxed. 

It's a messaging battle and Democrats need to do a better job of answering these. Because they're not all crazy. 

These are good examples that Republicans have been very successful at saying over and over again and rural America relates to. They all might not be accurate, but the Dems have had no success at combatting. 

Prime example. I have friends who firmly believe canceling it is what raised gas prices which is BS. But nothing from dems to combat it. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Whoa. You're talking as if this is a known thing. I asked for examples, and you're not providing any. 

I haven't had cable in going on ten years. I haven't watched a campaign ad in... at least that long. You have no idea my antipathy for advertisements. 

I'm asking you to show me an ad that people take offense to. If it's that common it shouldn't be hard.

You kinda ignored this. If you'd like to make a retraction, cool. But this is something I'd genuinely like to see if it exists.

Why is it so hard for you to believe this kind of advertising exists? It's been in the American political playbook for at least 100 years.

To demand an example within the hour is a little prickly, I think. Asking for a retraction and dishing out the "Are you serious, Clark?" is being difficult. This isn't that controversial or unsubstantiated. If you haven't watched a campaign ad in ten years, you might want to defer to those who have and say thanks when they look up the things you won't. 

The success stories of the underclass and underdogs are also the centerpiece of every Democratic National Convention. They generally make a point of celebrating hard-working farmers as well as urban minorities. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Why is it so hard for you to believe this kind of advertising exists? It's been in the American political playbook for at least 100 years.

To demand an example within the hour is a little prickly, I think. Asking for a retraction and dishing out the "Are you serious, Clark?" is being difficult. This isn't that controversial or unsubstantiated. If you haven't watched a campaign ad in ten years, you might want to defer to those who have and say thanks when they look up the things you won't. 

The success stories of the underclass and underdogs are also the centerpiece of every Democratic National Convention. They generally make a point of celebrating hard-working farmers as well as urban minorities. 

This is parody, right?

Cord cutters are a known thing, right? Even in California?

Is it so hard to believe that people don't watch commercials? I'm literally telling you I haven't watched a political ad or even most commercials for going on a decade. Fact.

Pretend I'm from Missouri.

Show me an ad from a national Dem candidate that celebrates welfare queens benefiting from Democrat incentives that regular Nebraskans would find offensive.

It's not so hard to believe, right? So it should be easy to show.

Right?

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Now you're being disingenuous. Go watch these. They are examples. Not the best. But its what you're getting. I don't have the time appease your need to not use google. If this doesn't suffice, you can google sources that explain that the ads I'm speaking about don't exist ;) 

https://thehill.com/latino/571163-exclusive-pro-biden-group-launches-hispanic-ad-campaign 

You're not even listening to what you're claiming, let alone what I'm telling you. This is an article from 2021. You're telling us that, as a practice, Democrat candidates air national ads that celebrate programs that benefit inner city minorities, and that as a result rural red voters are turned away because they feel excluded.

Are you amending this allegation to say this is a phenomenon that started in 2021?

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You're not even listening to what you're claiming, let alone what I'm telling you. This is an article from 2021. You're telling us that, as a practice, Democrat candidates air national ads that celebrate programs that benefit inner city minorities, and that as a result rural red voters are turned away because they feel excluded.

Are you amending this allegation to say this is a phenomenon that started in 2021?

You just had another poster confirm this has been the case for more than 100 years. You asked for an example of the videos I described, I provided 3. If you chose to remain ilinformed at this point, its on you. 

If you're unwilling to do your own research, for all your claimed enlightenment, you're just the opposite side of the same coin as those rural voters you've shown such disdain for. 

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

You just had another poster confirm this has been the case for more than 100 years. You asked for an example of the videos I described, I provided 3. If you chose to remain ilinformed at this point, its on you. 

If you're unwilling to do your own research, for all your claimed enlightenment, you're just the opposite side of the same coin as those rural voters you've shown such disdain for. 

And now you're just ladeling on the caricatures you claim to be against. Because I asked for proof of what you claim, and you can't or won't show it.

That's sad.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

And now you're just ladeling on the caricatures you claim to be against. Because I asked for proof of what you claim, and you can't or won't show it.

That's sad.

"Studies show that most Americans reject facts when they are confronted with them if those facts don’t reinforce their prejudices." 

Great quote... 

https://www.reuters.com/article/idIN210275415820140414

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This. Is. Not. A. Dem. Political. Ad.

It's pretty clear where you pulled that claim. It's OK to stop pretending. 

LMAO dude. The two I shared that were put out to pursuade Latinos to vote for Biden fit exactly the description I stated. This article showed that using this type.of campaign messaging is common place. In just once cycle, a total "of 243 ads from the 2014 U.S. senatorial and gubernatorial campaigns." Containing this kind of anecdotal story telling were analyzed.

If the idea that when Democrats use minority and inner city individuals in these anecdotal ads to support their candidacy or policy proposals, it further alienates rural white voters, who feel left behind by current efforts to address poverty and income inequality, is too hard for you to comprehend you can just say so.

• Plus1 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election