The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@funhusker thanks. 

But for the sake of the argument, let's remove Trump out of it.

Again,

Who's running in '24 for the Dem Party? 

I think the transition from Biden to veep was the obvious plan. Having Harris obviously backfired.  I think it could have possibly worked, because there were better VP candidates to select from.  The 4th year of the Biden administration was to pump up the veep as the incumbent party nominee.

So who's running in '24 now?  Biden or ???

10 hours ago, admo said:

@funhusker thanks. 

But for the sake of the argument, let's remove Trump out of it.

Again,

Who's running in '24 for the Dem Party? 

I think the transition from Biden to veep was the obvious plan. Having Harris obviously backfired.  I think it could have possibly worked, because there were better VP candidates to select from.  The 4th year of the Biden administration was to pump up the veep as the incumbent party nominee.

So who's running in '24 now?  Biden or ???

Harris definitely runs cause she will be President soon.  No way Joe makes it another two and half years at this rate.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If there are several anti-Trump candidates running in 2024, my hope is that they will consolidate under one candidate quickly - otherwise Trump or a Trump want-to-be will pick them off one by one as what happened in 2016.  Let Trump and the the trump want-to-be divide the trump vote and let one traditional GOPer take the baton for the ant-trump vote. Then, maybe we could end up wt a normal person and not another trump like GOP nominee.  

https://apnews.com/article/2024-elections-anti-trump-republicans-b62ae9bb1ee38bf3ec18da59352bf3dd

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is planning trips to Iowa and New Hampshire. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., is considering a rough timeline for a potential presidential announcement. And allies of Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., are openly talking up her White House prospects.

More than two years before the next presidential election, a shadow primary is already beginning to take shape among at least three fierce Republican critics of former President Donald Trump to determine who is best positioned to occupy the anti-Trump lane in 2024.

Their apparent willingness to run — even if Trump does, as is widely expected — represents a shift from previous years when “Never Trump” operatives failed to recruit any GOP officeholders to challenge the incumbent president. But with the 2024 contest almost in view, the question is no longer whether one of Trump’s prominent Republican critics will run, but how many will mount a campaign and how soon they will announce.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

If this happens, does Biden get more votes than Part I?

I hope so.  But I also hope trump is behind bars by then due to Jan 6.   I can't believe he isn't already behind bars due to the 100s of other issues.

Trump In Jail GIF - Trump In Jail - Discover & Share GIFs

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Pence is trying to rebuild his reputation among the GOP faithful.  It is an uphill climb but some are thinking he is making progress and does have a path to the nomination.  Doing the right thing on Jan 6 was a plus for some and a negative for other GOP voters.  

I can think of other potential GOP candidates that I can support if I choose to go that way.   With the economy in a mess and the GOP making Biden's life miserable after they take control of Congress in 2022(due to the economy), I see Biden's chance of winning in 2024 being slim unless there are some drastic changes in the current situation.  Therefore, the GOP candidate takes on more importance to me - I don't want a trump, a trump want-to-be or someone stained by trump.  Pence would have to do a lot of cleaning to remove the stain of the trump years to free himself from that image.    Time for a whole new image, direction.  But I'm not sure the GOP electorate is ready for change. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/16/mike-pence-2024-presidential-race-00032573

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Pence is trying to rebuild his reputation among the GOP faithful.  It is an uphill climb but some are thinking he is making progress and does have a path to the nomination.  Doing the right thing on Jan 6 was a plus for some and a negative for other GOP voters.  

I can think of other potential GOP candidates that I can support if I choose to go that way.   With the economy in a mess and the GOP making Biden's life miserable after they take control of Congress in 2022(due to the economy), I see Biden's chance of winning in 2024 being slim unless there are some drastic changes in the current situation.  Therefore, the GOP candidate takes on more importance to me - I don't want a trump, a trump want-to-be or someone stained by trump.  Pence would have to do a lot of cleaning to remove the stain of the trump years to free himself from that image.    Time for a whole new image, direction.  But I'm not sure the GOP electorate is ready for change. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/16/mike-pence-2024-presidential-race-00032573

I want someone other than Biden.  But, so far, it appears the GOP is on one path and that is to nominate either Trump or someone trying to be Trump.  I can't vote for that.

If it's Biden or Trump/Trump-want-to-be, I will find someone else to vote for.

Pence is one big hell no for me.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I want someone other than Biden.  But, so far, it appears the GOP is on one path and that is to nominate either Trump or someone trying to be Trump.  I can't vote for that.

Biden/Trump part 2 would be depressing as hell. I read an article about Jared Polis positions and how that touch of libertarian could play well in the general election. I doubt that's a route democrats go, but it would be intriguing to see how well a pro weed, pro choice, anti lockdown, pro 2A, pro LGBT (obviously) style would fare in the general. 

15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Biden/Trump part 2 would be depressing as hell. I read an article about Jared Polis positions and how that touch of libertarian could play well in the general election. I doubt that's a route democrats go, but it would be intriguing to see how well a pro weed, pro choice, anti lockdown, pro 2A, pro LGBT (obviously) style would fare in the general. 

I like it!

Add in pro-prostitution 

Lower taxes

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I hear you.  Very good chance I'll be voting for a 3rd party candidate as well.    Man we need a 3rd party.  I'm fine if it is the Libertarian Party if they can keep the wackos at bay.

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election