The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I guess that tells you something about how terrible the Democrats being replaced are if someone who only needs to put 3 words together can replace them 

Not really. Dems offer complex policy solutions to complex problems.

Republicans just say "Mexicans are rapists and murders" and get elected.

It's simply easier for them because their policy proposals to fix our problems are non-existent, and what few points they talk about are fabricated to manufacture outrage. 

It says a lot more about voters and their motivations than it does Dem candidates in a midterm year.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's simply easier for them because their policy proposals to fix our problems are non-existent, and what few points they talk about are fabricated to manufacture outrage. 

It says a lot more about voters and their motivations than it does Dem candidates in a midterm year.

republicans have 3 word catch phrases to get the vote of those who can't pay attention for more than a few seconds.   "lock her up"  "build the wall" "but my freedom"...etc...etc...

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, commando said:

republicans have 3 word catch phrases to get the vote of those who can't pay attention for more than a few seconds.   "lock her up"  "build the wall" "but my freedom"...etc...etc...

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Just throwing money at a problem as Dems prefer to do isn’t really a complex policy solution to many of the problems the country faces.  

And tax cuts for the wealthy is the superior alternative? 

Most of the time, Republicans don't acknowledge problems as even existing - like Climate Change - to even offer a contrasting policy choice.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

And tax cuts for the wealthy is the superior alternative? 

Most of the time, Republicans don't acknowledge problems as even existing - like Climate Change - to even offer a contrasting policy choice.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/11/05/politics/republicans-climate-crisis-cop26/index.html#aoh=16541039223141&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Exactly.

Or even guns - some of the Republican talking points after mass shootings is something out of an SNL sketch. They are deeply unserious about even acknowledging problems as existing in the first place. 

• Plus1 2

19 hours ago, teachercd said:

I don't think you can run a 90 year old dude with the worst economy we have ever seen and the highest gas prices in history.

There has to be someone else that the D's can run that would be more popular. 

Agree.  The Dems need someone who can grab the under 40 voter and yet is mainstream enough to grab the seniors who are more reliable in their voting.  

Harris is a non-starter I think.  There got to be someone who can beat the next Trump want-to-be GOP nominee.  I hope trump is in jail in 2024 and I suspect Desantis while have the inside track to replace him.

On 5/31/2022 at 12:20 PM, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's also a failure of the press. Democrats offer policy and the press treats them as serious politicians. Republicans offer "lock her up" and "MAGA" and the press treats them as serious politicians.

If the press called the clowns "clowns" when they started clowning, we'd be in a lot less of a mess right now.

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's also a failure of the press. Democrats offer policy and the press treats them as serious politicians. Republicans offer "lock her up" and "MAGA" and the press treats them as serious politicians.

If the press called the clowns "clowns" when they started clowning, we'd be in a lot less of a mess right now.

I completely agree.

But I also think that's hand-holding voters. We need to collectively blame voters for their behavior because most of the blame goes towards nearly everything BUT them.

They support this. They're the reason Democracy - which has survived countless setbacks - is dying. 

Eventually, this country is going to turn into the "democracy" that exists in Wisconsin at the state level. We're barreling towards authoritarianism because Conservatives think worldwide gas prices are more important than liberal democracy. 

• Plus1 3
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election