The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

In the short term, it makes it extremely difficult for Democrats to win in the electoral college until Texas flips in the 2030s. The Senate will be next to impossible, because like I stated, 70% of Americans will be represented by 30 Senators in 2040.

That is an amazing fact/projection.   Redistricting (House races) take on even more importance over the next 10 years as well. 

If Uncle Joe doesn't run, then maybe a handful of these governors will.  I still think that if the Dems have a chance, they need a governor who has proven successful at the state level who is more moderate than many of the senators who may consider a run (again).  The Dems seem to put a premium on Senators but to me it seems like the same old story.  Time to move to a younger generation as well.  I don't know much about these listed below - except Newsom and Whitmer. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/23/democratic-governors-2024-presidential-election-00041614

llinois Gov. JB Pritzker trekked to New Hampshire last weekend to rally Democrats for abortion rights. New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy’s allies launched a federal super PAC and a nonprofit, which have aired $2 million in TV ads about Murphy’s inflation-fighting efforts.

And California Gov. Gavin Newsom has appointed himself the Democratic pugilist-in-chief, calling his party too timid and joining Donald Trump’s social media platform, Truth Social, to challenge Republicans on their own turf.

Aside from Pritzker, Murphy and Newsom, there’s North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper, who won the state even as Trump prevailed there. Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, who rose to national prominence during Biden’s vice presidential search, is also frequently mentioned.  Colorado Gov. Jared Polis, who took a different approach to the pandemic than many fellow Democrats, would be a history-making, openly gay candidate. Stacey Abrams, who is running in a rematch against Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, is already a party star with an enormous national fundraising base.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There is no way in hell she would get the nomination with all the MAGA heads that have bought into the BS of hating her.

Yeah, not this time but in the future I could see it.  I think we are one election cycle from all of "this" sort of dying down.

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, not this time but in the future I could see it.  I think we are one election cycle from all of "this" sort of dying down.

I have a feeling that the Trumpism is going to be around for a while.  The Trump kids have seen their dad be a grifter for his entire life, especially the past 6 years of him being in politics.  They have been able to get so much "free money" from donations, they will try to stay on that gravy train as long as possible.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have a feeling that the Trumpism is going to be around for a while.  The Trump kids have seen their dad be a grifter for his entire life, especially the past 6 years of him being in politics.  They have been able to get so much "free money" from donations, they will try to stay on that gravy train as long as possible.

Maybe!  I just don't know if that will be a political type thing or just a business/podcasting thing?

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Maybe!  I just don't know if that will be a political type thing or just a business/podcasting thing?

The MAGA attitude has been around for a long time, it's just not been allowed to be so out in the public.  These people have realized that they can get what they want while being absolute disgusting idiots.  That's going to take a long time to wash out.  AND, the only way I see it getting washed out is if the Republican party realizes they can't get candidates elected that are like that.  Well....doesn't seem like they are going to learn their lesson.  So, Republicans will keep putting these types of candidates up and just enough will continue to get elected that it empowers this kind of attitude from the voters.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The MAGA attitude has been around for a long time, it's just not been allowed to be so out in the public.  These people have realized that they can get what they want while being absolute disgusting idiots.  That's going to take a long time to wash out.  AND, the only way I see it getting washed out is if the Republican party realizes they can't get candidates elected that are like that.  Well....doesn't seem like they are going to learn their lesson.  So, Republicans will keep putting these types of candidates up and just enough will continue to get elected that it empowers this kind of attitude from the voters.

Maybe, I am not as faithless in people as some are but you might be right.

I hope you are wrong and hopefully things just settle down.  And hopefully gas prices settle down as well.

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Last week, my wife and I were talking about how the whole MAGA thing and Trump has enabled and emboldened people to be a-holes, and those a-holes now feel like they have some power in this world, and it will only make them worse.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election