The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ll say it again. Liz Cheney got president. 

She’s the Republican that has the guts to be the leader in making sure this information comes out. There are a few others like kinsinger.  But she was willing to step up and take the most heat. 

Agree. If trump gets jail time she will own the GOP a

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Agree. If trump gets jail time she will own the GOP a

I don't know about that. If Trump gets jail time (which I doubt he will), she will be viewed as a traitor to so many people who are loyal to Trump.  I just don't have faith that there are enough "progressive" Republicans who are ready to over turn the "Party of Trump". 

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Yeah the general consensus seems to be that we're likely going to get DeSantis, who has been described as "Trump with brains."

So I'm beginning to get curious just how bad things will get and how people will respond. Liberal democracy had a good run here.

Trump with brains?

What is an oxymoron Alex.

43 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't know about that. If Trump gets jail time (which I doubt he will), she will be viewed as a traitor to so many people who are loyal to Trump.  I just don't have faith that there are enough "progressive" Republicans who are ready to over turn the "Party of Trump". 

You are probably right. Too many cult members who will literally take up arms. 

• Plus1 2

15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

There’s not enough republicans questioning Trump to make that happen. Too many are like @Archy1221 who are still under the impression that the reason the establishment turned on her was because of political issues. 

This.  And a Trump arrest would cause a huge schism in the GOP.  There will be the MAGA crazies that will keep on being crazy. And there will be the adults in the party that will be forced to walk away but will refuse to vote Dem and I don’t blame them.  But they will find it hard to go without the crazy cancer that has ran GOP politics for the last six years.

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

There’s not enough republicans questioning Trump to make that happen. Too many are like @Archy1221 who are still under the impression that the reason the establishment turned on her was because of political issues. 

Yeah, according to most R's, Jan 6th wasn't even as bad as the BLM protests/riots from 2020.  Yeah, both were terrible events, except one had the President of the United States driving the actions.

• Plus1 2

Going back in history, this is an interesting development if true.  I often wonder how accurate these British papers are but for what it is worth, they call this an Exclusive news item.     I could support this ticket.   Imagine Kasich as VP instead of Harris.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10961071/President-Biden-considered-John-Kasich-Republican-running-mate-2020.html

EXCLUSIVE: Joe Biden considered REPUBLICAN Ohio governor John Kasich as his running mate in 2020 after son Hunter and top donor and Walmart chairman Greg Penner devised plan for a bipartisan ticket to 'repair' divided nation

• Text messages, emails, and audio recordings from Hunter Biden's abandoned laptop show his father Joe considered running on a bipartisan presidential ticket 
  • DailyMail.com can reveal Hunter had back-channel talks with Walmart chairman Greg Penner in 2018 and 2019 to set Joe up with Republican John Kasich
  • Penner, 52, who is married to Walmart heiress Carrie Walton, has donated over $640,000 to political campaigns including Democratic PACs, since 1999
  • Penner emailed Hunter in June 2018 saying: 'I'd like to visit with you about some options I've been working on for the 2020 election' 
  • In a call on October 25, Penner named Kasich as a possible mate and revealed the former Ohio governor wanted to meet Joe to discuss the potential joint ticket
  • 'We know it's of interest to John to at least have a conversation. If your dad was at all intrigued by it, we could figure out a way to facilitate,' he said 
  • Hunter told Penner: 'I think there's a nonpartisan or even a partisan but moderate coalition that forms that allows him to win it all'
  • Later texts to Hunter suggests Penner called and met with Joe: 'After he announces, give me a call so we can figure out how I can support him. I'd also like to meet him'

•  

President Joe Biden considered a Republican running mate for 2020 in secret conversations with a top donor, DailyMail.com can reveal. 

Walmart board chairman Greg Penner, who has donated over $640,000 to political campaigns since 1999, had back-channel talks with Hunter Biden in 2018 and 2019 to set up Joe with Republican former Ohio governor John Kasich for a bipartisan presidential ticket.

The plot, revealed in text messages, emails, and a phone call recording on Hunter's abandoned laptop, gives an insight into political strategies the president considered in an attempt to win the White House

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney, who serves on the Jan. 6 commission and has not ruled out a 2024 presidential bid, cast Trump as a direct threat to American democracy in a Wednesday night speech at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.

“Republicans cannot both be loyal to Donald Trump and loyal to the Constitution. We must choose,” she said.

Pitt-Penn State: Open Gamethread - Cardiac Hill

Liz hinted at this in her speech. At the end, she made note about how most of the world is run by men and how that isn't working out so well. (Time for a female president perhaps)  She encouraged young women to follow Hutchinson's example and courage and get involved.  

• Oh Yeah! 2

Another strong op-ed - this one by Doug Schoen, stating the case that the Dems need Hillary to won in 2024

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3544103-now-more-than-ever-democrats-need-hillary-clinton/

In light of the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade — upending decades of precedent and revoking a constitutional right that American women have enjoyed for half a century — the case for Clinton’s candidacy is even clearer.

Regardless of one’s own political affiliation or opinion of Clinton, the country knows her as an experienced politician and a champion of women’s rights. From her declaration at the United Nations in 1995 that “women’s rights are human rights” to being the first woman nominated as a major party’s candidate for president in 2016, she offers the exact type of leadership that the Democratic Party desperately needs. 

Whether or not party leaders will admit it, Democrats know that they need to move on from Biden if they want to stay in the White House in 2024 and — even more importantly — have a fighting chance at building a sufficient enough majority in Congress to advance any element of their agenda going forward, including, and especially, codifying abortion rights.

Put another way, the stakes are simply too high for Democrats to remain on this slowly sinking ship. 

On 7/4/2022 at 10:47 AM, TGHusker said:

Another strong op-ed - this one by Doug Schoen, stating the case that the Dems need Hillary to won in 2024

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3544103-now-more-than-ever-democrats-need-hillary-clinton/

Hillary would get absolutely destroyed in 2024. The Dem presidents over the last 40 years have been charismatic and likable - Hillary is neither.

The Dems can only win in three ways IMO: 1) the economy turns around and Biden gets re-elected or 2) Trump runs and the anti-Trump vote gets whichever Dem candidate a win or 3) a true change candidate like Bernie who campaigns on significant change both in the country and within the Dem party.

I think 2) is the only plausible way the Dems win. The economy is going to get worse before it gets better and Bernie is too old and there isn't really another candidate right now that can fill his shoes.

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election