The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

HA- True Camacho did at minimum find the absolute smartest person in the land and then empowered him to "fix everything." 

And you can't tell me he didn't want to fire a machine gun in the middle of Congress. 

• 3 weeks later...

Kristi Noem, presenting herself as the 'Trump of the Midwest'  is starting to get some traction in some quarters.  

But, if she wants to be Trump like, and Nikki Haley, refusing to run if Trump does, it appears that this point, that Liz Cheney may be the only potential female candidate on the GOP side that has the courage to run as a candidate without Trump ties.  There have been some talk of Liz running.  I don't know if she'd get any traction in the Trump GOP party but I would love to see her tangle with all of those Trump lovers in the primary debates just to change the narrative.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-kristi-noem-is-rising-quickly-as-a-republican-prospect-for-2024/ar-BB1ghiaP#image=3

Ms. Noem began drawing wider attention last year for cozying up to President Donald J. Trump — so much so that she inspired suspicion that she was angling to replace Mike Pence on the 2020 ticket — and hosting him at a July 4 Mount Rushmore event where she gave him a model of the monument with his face included. Her defiance of coronavirus restrictions and her eagerness to project a rugged Great Plainswoman image helped her come in second in a 2024 straw poll of far-right conservatives looking for candidates if Mr. Trump doesn’t run again.

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Kristi Noem, presenting herself as the 'Trump of the Midwest'  is starting to get some traction in some quarters.  

But, if she wants to be Trump like, and Nikki Haley, refusing to run if Trump does, it appears that this point, that Liz Cheney may be the only potential female candidate on the GOP side that has the courage to run as a candidate without Trump ties.  There have been some talk of Liz running.  I don't know if she'd get any traction in the Trump GOP party but I would love to see her tangle with all of those Trump lovers in the primary debates just to change the narrative.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-kristi-noem-is-rising-quickly-as-a-republican-prospect-for-2024/ar-BB1ghiaP#image=3

I see very little chance of Liz getting any traction as a GOP candidate.  Just look at how Romney was treated over the weekend when giving a speech.  This party should just rename themselves the Trump Party and move on (and die).  The future of this party are people like Greene and Noem.  Bow to the dear leader .....or else....

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I see very little chance of Liz getting any traction as a GOP candidate.  Just look at how Romney was treated over the weekend when giving a speech.  This party should just rename themselves the Trump Party and move on (and die).  The future of this party are people like Greene and Noem.  Bow to the dear leader .....or else....

I agree - Liz doesn't have a chance, but I'd love someone with national exposure within the party to speak the truth to the party.  While Romney has done it some, he is too 'nice' to be an attack dog - Liz fits the bill better.

Sadly, I believe the reality is that no chance exists for a GOP candidate in the primaries unless he/she fully supports Trump.

It's sad...

The fact that people have to lick that guy's nut sack to be taken seriously by the Republican party is very strange...

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Sadly, I believe the reality is that no chance exists for a GOP candidate in the primaries unless he/she fully supports Trump.

It's sad...

The fact that people have to lick that guy's nut sack to be taken seriously by the Republican party is very strange...

I could see DeSantis as a viable candidate in the GOP however it seems like most are slotting him as Trumps VP pick on the 2024 ticket. If Trump decides not to run I would put my money on DeSantis as the front runner. Rumblings of Tim Scott as the "future" of the party seem to have gone by the wayside this year as well. I would go for a Rand Paul if he became more like his father haha. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I could see DeSantis as a viable candidate in the GOP however it seems like most are slotting him as Trumps VP pick on the 2024 ticket. If Trump decides not to run I would put my money on DeSantis as the front runner. Rumblings of Tim Scott as the "future" of the party seem to have gone by the wayside this year as well. I would go for a Rand Paul if he became more like his father haha. 

Rand Paul has completely blown it for me.  The guy has said and done way too many loony tune things.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Rand Paul has completely blown it for me.  The guy has said and done way too many loony tune things.

I appreciate his base beliefs in what the government is meant for. Unfortunately over the Trump presidency he has sort of lost his way in my opinion. He was who I was pushing for in 2016 in the GOP. His dad was the president we all deserved and needed to try to reset the duopoly but here we are. It really sucks to imagine the choices for 2024 are going to be 2 older and more senile versions of 2020....If either of them makes it there. 

6 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

DeSantis is a lock even if Trump runs.  All DeSantis has to do is put his hat in the ring and run.  

• Plus1 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election