The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Early signs that the GOP isn't ready to get over its cultish entanglement with Trump. The 2020 election was a repudiation of Trump and his lack of national leadership not only during the covid crisis but also throughout his presidency as he treated those who weren't for him as something less than citizens.  While Republicans won in the House and thus far have done better than expected in the Senate, Trump lost the popular and electoral vote by large margins.    If the GOP doesn't wise up and present viable alternatives to Trump soon, they will be in for an even larger defeat in 2024.  The sooner both parties get away from king making (Trump, Bushes, Clintons) the better we all will be. 

https://morningconsult.com/2020/11/24/trump-gop-congress-2024-polling/

•  

• 68% of Republicans say Trump is more in touch with the party’s rank and file than congressional Republicans.

• 54% of Republicans say they’d vote for Trump if the 2024 presidential primary were held today.

• A quarter of Republican voters say Republicans in Congress fear the president.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:
  • 68% of Republicans say Trump is more in touch with the party’s rank and file than congressional Republicans.

• 54% of Republicans say they’d vote for Trump if the 2024 presidential primary were held today.

• A quarter of Republican voters say Republicans in Congress fear the president.

Perhaps, after 4 years of different leadership, the outlook presented here will change (for the better one would hope)

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Perhaps, after 4 years of different leadership, the outlook presented here will change (for the better one would hope)

I heard speculation that typical once a politician loses, they fall pretty far as Americans associate them with losing. Not sure that will happen with Trump but it's an interesting take.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I heard speculation that typical once a politician loses, they fall pretty far as Americans associate them with losing. Not sure that will happen with Trump but it's an interesting take.

It appears that Trump is working on not letting that happen. With the talk that he is going to be building some media outlet to compete wt Fox, you can bet he'll keep himself at the center of the conversation if that is true. 

Politicians have to find ways to keep in the spot light to keep relevant.   Biden's win is even the more amazing because he did very little to stay in the spot light during Trump's 4 years.  He hardly campaigned at all relatively speaking.  It just proves to me how bad of a president Trump was to the majority of the electorate. 

Sometimes, we see politicians keeping relative after they leave one office and are preparing to step up the ladder to the next level.

In the 1970s after he left the Calif Governorship, Ronald Reagan wrote constantly. He wrote articles on policy positions, current events, etc.  Some people (liberals and moderate GOPers who didn't care for Reagan) thought he was an intellectual light weight when it came to policy.  But his writings of the 1970s, prior to challenging Ford in 1976, proved otherwise. Of course there wasn't cable news then, so he kept at it via printed media and radio spots.  It paved the way for his almost successful attempt to win the GOP nomination away from Ford in 76 and solidified him as the leading candidate in 1980's primaries. 

It will be interesting to see which GOPers will be stepping up to distance themselves from the Trump legacy and presenting intelligent policy positions which appeal to a larger audience like Reagan did in the past.  Those who think they need to keep repeating the trump line, will in the end be swallowed up by Trump and will be a non-factor in 2024.  It is time for differentiation in the GOP party - for someone to mark out new territory and set his flag on it and persuade the party to gather under that flag. 

46 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Ready or not, here comes Trump 2024. Biden, his cronies and the mainstream media are such a f#&%ing joke.

I get Rahm shouldn't be in Biden's cabinet, but Biden hasn't even done anything yet. Hold your frustration until he makes that mistake, he might not even do it. No use being upset with him for something he hasn't even done. At the end of the day I think Biden's Cabinet will be among the most diverse in history and break many glass ceilings, and I think (hope) it won't include Rahm. 

7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I get Rahm shouldn't be in Biden's cabinet, but Biden hasn't even done anything yet. Hold your frustration until he makes that mistake, he might not even do it. No use being upset with him for something he hasn't even done. At the end of the day I think Biden's Cabinet will be among the most diverse in history and break many glass ceilings, and I think (hope) it won't include Rahm. 

Yes, diverse, but still corporatist war hawks nonetheless. Hes showing his hand. Progressives are warning him now. My guess is he doesnt listen. And i will bet money that Trump wins in a landslide in 2024. It took an unprecendented turnout to beat Trump this time. Biden wont get that turnout again, but Trump will no doubt. 

And CNN silencing progressives giving the truth is just as bad as fox news BS. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

Yes, diverse, but still corporatist war hawks nonetheless. Hes showing his hand. Progressives are warning him now. My guess is he doesnt listen. And i will bet money that Trump wins in a landslide in 2024. It took an unprecendented turnout to beat Trump this time. Biden wont get that turnout again, bit Trump will no doubt. 

And CNN silencing progressives giving the truth is just as bad as fox news BS. 

I don't watch CNN or think highly of it. Was more so referring to Biden is a joke and Trump will win in 2024. Biden is still 2 months away from even being President, seems a little early to throw dirt on his failed presidency. 

Are there any cabinet picks you have beef with? Seemed like most his picks have received a thumbs up from progressives. 

21 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don't watch CNN or think highly of it. Was more so referring to Biden is a joke and Trump will win in 2024. Biden is still 2 months away from even being President, seems a little early to throw dirt on his failed presidency. 

Are there any cabinet picks you have beef with? Seemed like most his picks have received a thumbs up from progressives. 

I dont watch CNN either. And the above clip is one of the many reasons why. He hasnt done anything yet, but the writing is on the wall. We will see how is first 100 days go. This country, especially in the times we are in now, where car lines are miles long, waiting for food pantries, need an FDR type president. Instead we get...well...Biden. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I dont watch CNN either. And the above clip is one of the many reasons why. He hasnt done anything yet, but the writing is on the wall. We will see how is first 100 days go. This country, especially in the times we are in now, where car lines are miles long, waiting for food pantries, need an FDR type president. Instead we get...well...Biden. 

Blinken was called a "Good Choice" by Bernie's Foreign Policy Advisor. Biden still has to get these picks through the senate, and do his best to appease both sides of his own party. 

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Blinken was called a "Good Choice" by Bernie's Foreign Policy Advisor. Biden still has to get these picks through the senate, and do his best to appease both sides of his own party. 

Bernie is a weak loser. He didnt fight at all during primaries. I dont give one damn what Bernie has to say anymore. Im not in a cult like MAGA. 

• Haha 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election