Ticketing & Parking Passes going to Mobile only

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have no problem using an E-ticket.  Heck, I travel constantly without paper plane tickets, paper hotel reseverations...etc.  It's awesome.

But....to a certain extent, this is going to suck on game day.  Think of how many tickets just get passed around or sold on the street.  How is that going to work?  Heck, I go to tailgates sometimes and people are just handing out tickets.  Now....everyone has to somehow have an account with the University to get a ticket from someone?

There's a part of me that feels like this is just like my last year in college when the University started making all of the student tickets go through them to be sold.

What was that called?  You had to take your student ticket to the ticket office and like...pay for it again and then you could sell it.  SOOOO DUMB.

Just now, teachercd said:

What was that called?  You had to take your student ticket to the ticket office and like...pay for it again and then you could sell it.  SOOOO DUMB.

I can't remember how that worked.  I honestly think by that time, I was so broke and working so many hours I decided it wasn't worth getting student tickets.  I worked really hard to squeeze 4 years into 5 1/2.  So, I was just ready to be gone.  

But, I remember a lot of kids being really pissed off.  And, heck, I would buy student tickets, sell the OU game because I would be home for Thanksgiving and pay for the whole package.  I thought...that sucks.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can't remember how that worked.  I honestly think by that time, I was so broke and working so many hours I decided it wasn't worth getting student tickets.  I worked really hard to squeeze 4 years into 5 1/2.  So, I was just ready to be gone.  

But, I remember a lot of kids being really pissed off.  And, heck, I would buy student tickets, sell the OU game because I would be home for Thanksgiving and pay for the whole package.  I thought...that sucks.

Was it validated?  I think that is what they called it.  It was a terrifically lame process...I think they checked student ID's when you went in the student entrance.  

I also sold my OU ticket!  75 dollars!  I think the entire season ticket package for students was like 65. 

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Was it validated?  I think that is what they called it.  It was a terrifically lame process...I think they checked student ID's when you went in the student entrance.  

I also sold my OU ticket!  75 dollars!  I think the entire season ticket package for students was like 65. 

That sounds about right.  Yep...$75-$100(when you got really lucky) was a dang good deal.  Had your season tickets paid for plus some beer money.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

The student tickets had to be validated if selling to non-students. Validation meant that you/they had to pay the difference between student ticket price and face value price.

Also, my mom and her flip phone are not going to like this.

Sounds like the validation process changed a bit over the years.  

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That’s always been the validation process.  If a student was trying to sell their ticket to the “public” that student had to pay the difference in the prices. 

There was a time before "validation"

We got paper tickets with no name attached and letting my UCLA ticket go for $125 was a tough decision but also made for some quick "fun" money 

On 7/6/2020 at 2:43 PM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

what the hell am I supposed to put in my scrap book now?  screen shot the ticket and print it out at kinkos?

This may blow your mind...but Kinko’s has not been around since circa 2010. They’re all FedEx Office now. 

On 7/7/2020 at 10:00 AM, GBRFAN said:

There was a time before "validation"

We got paper tickets with no name attached and letting my UCLA ticket go for $125 was a tough decision but also made for some quick "fun" money 

My dad, deceased since 2011 at the age of 86, told the story of he and his friend going to an Oklahoma game in the 70’s without tickets. They went to a bar, met some students, paid whatever for a ticket and the students let them use their student  I.D’s to go through the student admission line. They were in their 50’s, wearing cowboy hats and were old and wrinkly. Definitely not students.  He said the ticket taker kind of looked at them sideways and let them pass. Arrangements  were made to give the IDs back after the game.

He also said the men wore suits and the ladies dresses in the 50’s and 60.  Not sure if that sounds appealing.