Evictions - yet another crisis?

C'mon...They need a break!  Ha

Imagine the good they could do...if they really cared about trying to help.

Politics aside...just imagine if they were good hearted hard working people, like I imagine most of us are...I could not imagine taking a 14 day vacation right now, if I was in Congress.  I could not even imagine leaving the office for lunch.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Whatcha gonna do?

How about not waste millions of dollars in bailouts to millionaires and give that money to people who can't pay rent?

Did the house/senate not pass the Cares Act? Was it just the right that benefitted?
Use the rent that Trump pays to live in your head and help someone out. 

3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Landlords and renters should have been eligible for the PPP loans that were distributed. These loans should continue to be distributed to small businesses throughout the pandemic and those larger businesses that somehow weaseled their way into getting those funds should be required to pay them back, with interest. 

Well, maybe landlords should've been eligible for some sort of help (if we're not going to provide assistance to those who more directly needed it) but PPP loans were specifically for maintaining payroll and employment levels. That doesn't really apply much to landlords and losing large chunks of revenue. And yes I realize a lot of those PPP funds got abused and misappropriated.

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What if... and this is a crazy, crazy thought but bear with me... what if you stopped supporting a guy who is a known racist?

I’m not even a Trump supporter. And what if.... trump being a racist has jack S##T to do with this conversation. Biden’s likely pick for VP implied repeatedly that he was a racist, but she will gladly accept if he chooses her. That right there, is what’s wrong with the Democratic Party, but sure keep implying I’m a Trump supporter because thousands upon thousands of businesses benefitted from the pandemic. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

I phrased it like that because I talk like that in real life. Not everything I type is me trying to pick a fight with you.

Okay, I've been conditioned to expect otherwise and the use of the exact same phrase I used seemed to be purposeful. Maybe it wasn't.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I’m not even a Trump supporter. And what if.... trump being a racist has jack S##T to do with this conversation. Biden’s likely pick for VP implied repeatedly that he was a racist, but she will gladly accept if he chooses her. That right there, is what’s wrong with the Democratic Party, but sure keep implying I’m a Trump supporter because thousands upon thousands of businesses benefitted from the pandemic. 

You sure defend Trump a lot for someone who doesn't support him.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well, maybe landlords should've been eligible for some sort of help (if we're not going to provide assistance to those who more directly needed it) but PPP loans were specifically for maintaining payroll and employment levels. That doesn't really apply much to landlords and losing large chunks of revenue. And yes I realize a lot of those PPP funds got abused and misappropriated.

What you said here is correct. Much the same way people were complaining about how the Fed was pumping in trillions to support the economy while the rest of us were trying to stay above water. What the Fed was doing was completely appropriate from a macroeconomic sense but it rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

I thought then and I think now that it's a legit point of contention how and where funds are being distributed by the government. A lot of people think the Trump administration wants to throw the vast majority of the resources at big business (and in many cases engage in outright crony capitalism) and expend the absolute bare minimum to the little guy who is really suffering.

Because Trump has never cared about the little guy.

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Wait, burying the hatchet and forgetting some typical campaign jostling to serve her country if she gets the call is so horrible now?

Yeah, god forbid.

Trump called Ted Cruz's wife ugly and said his dad helped murder JFK and now Ted resides firmly under Trump's sweaty bosom. Not really all that different.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Danny Bateman said:

Wait, burying the hatchet and forgetting some typical campaign jostling to serve her country if she gets the call is so horrible now?

Yeah, god forbid.

Trump called Ted Cruz's wife ugly and said his dad helped murder JFK and now Ted resides firmly under Trump's sweaty bosom. Not really all that different.

And let's not even dig into the vitriol between Reagan and Bush in the 1980 primaries.  But sure, one comment by Harris and anyone who votes for Biden supports racists, but completely ignore decades of evidence Trump is actually racist because... reasons.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Yeah, god forbid.

If you really thought someone was racist, you would ‘serve’ under them? I find that hard to believe. 

And you’re not wrong with Ted Cruz.