Evictions - yet another crisis?

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If you really thought someone was racist, you would ‘serve’ under them? I find that hard to believe. 

And you’re not wrong with Ted Cruz. 

I don't think she really thinks that about Biden.

I think it was a typical campaign attack line that all the pundits praised immediately after the debate but never really went anywhere.

And I expect that from politicians. Totally normal that they'd try out some weak lines of attack they don't really believe to see what sticks.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

And let's not even dig into the vitriol between Reagan and Bush in the 1980 primaries.  But sure, one comment by Harris and anyone who votes for Biden supports racists, but completely ignore decades of evidence Trump is actually racist because... reasons.

Dude, have I ever said Trump isn’t racist? I told you I’m not a supporter and even mentioned awhile back I didn’t vote for him, but because I don’t agree with a few posters, I support a racist?

• Fire 1
Just now, Waldo said:

Dude, have I ever said Trump isn’t racist? I told you I’m not a supporter and even mentioned awhile back I didn’t vote for him, but because I don’t agree with a few posters, I support a racist?

You defend a racist.    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Clearly not, which is proof Kamala Harris doesn't think Joe Biden is racist.

Then it’s BS to imply it on the national stage, especially with current race issues. But I guess that’s what politics (both sides) have become.

• Fire 1
Just now, Waldo said:

Then it’s BS to imply it on the national stage, especially with current race issues. But I guess that’s what politics (both sides) have become.

"Both sides" is always an excuse for the worst side.

You're wringing your hands this much over a debate-stage jab. When do you dig into the other actual factual racist things that current politicians have actually factually done? Start with Trump.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Stating the program helped more than just Kushner, Trump, Moscow Mitch, and Trumps Campaign dude means I defend them? Or was it the comment about Trump living in your head that got you upset?

• Fire 1

Can somebody help me understand unemployment benefits a little bit here? I think I’m on the right track but not sure and I’ve never been unemployed or drawn UE. 

It was my understanding that UE has been expanded and the cutoffs greatly extended. Have the UE benefits of those who are in imminent danger of being evicted already dried up? Or is it just that UE is not sufficient to cover rent, food and utilities?

I’m thinking it’s prob just not enough to live off of for very long but I have no idea. I do know that one time $1200 deal would be next to useless for people really in need.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Can somebody help me understand unemployment benefits a little bit here? I think I’m on the right track but not sure and I’ve never been unemployed or drawn UE. 

It was my understanding that UE has been expanded and the cutoffs greatly extended. Have the UE benefits of those who are in imminent danger of being evicted already dried up? Or is it just that UE is not sufficient to cover rent, food and utilities?

I’m thinking it’s prob just not enough to live off of for very long but I have no idea. I do know that one time $1200 deal would be next to useless for people really in need.

The issue some are having is the $600 bonus is ending July 31st, but there's still 20 million people unemployed. Once that extra money stops, people aren't going to be able to pay their bills.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

UE takes some work to get through the red tape and get benefits. The max benefit varies by state and are taxable income:

https://www.savingtoinvest.com/maximum-weekly-unemployment-benefits-by-state/

Here in the Denver area, $618/week before taxes will barely cover rent, let alone food, heat, power, etc.

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Ya... we're still in the calm before the storm and Congress is taking a "wait and see" approach instead of listening to economists. It's no wonder scientists can't get much traction on Climate Change. A bunch of politicians don't even have the foresight to see what's coming when it's mere months/weeks away.

On 7/7/2020 at 5:57 PM, knapplc said:

I've defended Trump before, in the case of misplaced or incorrect or greatly overexaggerated accusations. I mean I don't see it as defending Trump as much as I see it as countering and opposing things that aren't true, but you'd probably treat them as the same thing.

You've gotten ever increasingly black and white in your thinking lately losing all nuance.

• Thanks 2
  • 3 months later...