2020 Season Is B1G Only

36 minutes ago, nic said:

Who do you want to see?  I want UofM vs NU early in the season.

I think Mich St is going to suck. I think Maryland is going to suck. I want a rematch against Indiana with a healthy QB + team that wants revenge.  Out of the four teams that we're currently not playing I want Michigan the least.

But I do agree this conversation more fun than arguing over the severity of Covid though.

1 hour ago, nic said:

:cowbell: Bring it on. 

I asked this question hoping to deflect the depressing COVID discussion back to football. It lasted 2 posts before digressing. Let’s try again fellas and pretend the glass is half full for a change. :cheers

Who do you want to see?  I want UofM vs NU early in the season.

Assuming we even have a season...

My preference would be Michigan, or MSU is always fun to beat.

However I wouldn’t be surprised to see the schedule totally rearranged.

I just prefer playing the better, more respected programs.

I don’t think the W-L record this year is going to mean jack. If we can’t play non-cons, I assume bowl games and playoffs are also off the table.  So, other than us fans putting way too much meaning into what a 5-5 or 6-4 record really means, if we play at all, it will be more like NFL exhibition games.....which I’ll gladly take at this point.

1 hour ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

I think Mich St is going to suck. I think Maryland is going to suck. I want a rematch against Indiana with a healthy QB + team that wants revenge.  Out of the four teams that we're currently not playing I want Michigan the least.

But I do agree this conversation more fun than arguing over the severity of Covid though.

MSU is going to be so bad...like...how they used to be.  I don't think people realize how average to bad that program was for YEARS...Mark made them great a few times and above average a few times...but they are traditionally soooooo average at best.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

the mumps vaccine is consdered one of, if not the fastest, vaccine ever created - it took 4 years.

you'll hear "experts" on this forum say there is no herd immunity.  if there isnt there is likely no vaccine and we are wearing masks forever.

i agree just social distance for all time

Without a vaccine you CAN NOT have "herd immunity"...   Your statement only shows that you dont understand the concept or process..#science     https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/achieving-herd-immunity-with-covid19.html     https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/herd-immunity-and-coronavirus/art-20486808

37 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Without a vaccine you CAN NOT have "herd immunity"...   Your statement only shows that you dont understand the concept or process..#science     https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/achieving-herd-immunity-with-covid19.html     https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/herd-immunity-and-coronavirus/art-20486808

I think right now our best immediate hope is the development of an antiviral not a vaccine.

13 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Schedules will change - we will play 6 West games and 4 tba games that have no bearing on who had the schedule looked like last week

Good point. We get to pick 4 teams from the East. Could choose the “let’s feel better about ourselves” route and schedule Maryland, Rutgers, MSU and Indiana. Or choose the “screw it, let’s have fun and try and play spoiler” route and schedule Michigan, OSU, PSU and Indiana. The latter one looks more fun in a year where records won’t matter and moral victories might. Not to mention the upsets will feel good going into next year.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:47 AM, Husker03 said:

They didn't for the baseball teams this past spring. That would really hose over incoming classes, no spots for incoming freshmen if rosters are full. I supposed you could allow for increased roster sizes but there would still be less playing opportunity, less travel opportunity, etc and seems like it would take 5-6 years for it to even begin to work itself back to normal. 

Does this not cover baseball?

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/division-i-council-extends-eligibility-student-athletes-impacted-covid-19

1 hour ago, nic said:

Good point. We get to pick 4 teams from the East. Could choose the “let’s feel better about ourselves” route and schedule Maryland, Rutgers, MSU and Indiana. Or choose the “screw it, let’s have fun and try and play spoiler” route and schedule Michigan, OSU, PSU and Indiana. The latter one looks more fun in a year where records won’t matter and moral victories might. Not to mention the upsets will feel good going into next year.

I have a feeling no matter how we want to wish otherwise, records will matter.  Maybe they will not keep score either since the season won’t count.  lol.