2020 Season Is B1G Only

1 hour ago, nic said:

Starting off with some good games. Can't wait to see the Big10 schedule.

I agree.  It's perhaps a preview of what future P5 schedules could look like if they ever break away from the NCAA?  Who knows, but much better than being front heavy with FCS opponents.  

Unfortunately, I think the B1G schedule will end up looking something like this:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I'm looking forward to hearing about how our schedule is more difficult than everyone else's.  :-)

:lol: I remember the first schedule you guys got when you joined the Big 10. The league really rolled out the welcome mat that year. I think this is what started the complaints.:D

SATURDAY, OCT 1 at Wisconsin

SATURDAY, OCT 8 Ohio State

SATURDAY, OCT 22 at Minnesota

SATURDAY, OCT 29 Michigan State

SATURDAY, NOV 5 Northwestern

SATURDAY, NOV 12 at Penn State

SATURDAY, NOV 19 at Michigan

FRIDAY, NOV 25 Iowa

^^^ You have obviously never done it ... nor run with a mask ... and probably don't get claustrophobic.

I admire these guys who can do that.  It isn't easy.  It's like running in high altitude ... just very, very panicky when you get your body trying to work full capacity but your are limited.

For all the folks who want these guys to play ... consider what risk they will play under let alone this type of limitation.  Again ... I couldn't stomach it.  I'm running 8-10 miles 5 days a week and each day it's a fight to get through.

• Haha 2

On 8/1/2020 at 12:13 PM, BigRedN said:

^^^ You have obviously never done it ... nor run with a mask ... and probably don't get claustrophobic.

I admire these guys who can do that.  It isn't easy.  It's like running in high altitude ... just very, very panicky when you get your body trying to work full capacity but your are limited.

For all the folks who want these guys to play ... consider what risk they will play under let alone this type of limitation.  Again ... I couldn't stomach it.  I'm running 8-10 miles 5 days a week and each day it's a fight to get through.

I don't agree with you and had this same conversation with someone else.  The face mask on a helmet is a good 3 inches away from your mouth.  There is not constricted air flow like wearing a mask that sits right over your mouth.  I've worked 8 hr shifts in heat while wearing a respirator style face mask.  yes its uncomfortable but you can still breathe.  Put a plastic bag over your head holding it 3 inches away from your mouth and run around your yard when its hot out then get back to me if you couldn't do it because you couldn't breathe.

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I don't agree with you and had this same conversation with someone else.  The face mask on a helmet is a good 3 inches away from your mouth.  There is not constricted air flow like wearing a mask that sits right over your mouth.  I've worked 8 hr shifts in heat while wearing a respirator style face mask.  yes its uncomfortable but you can still breathe.  Put a plastic bag over your head holding it 3 inches away from your mouth and run around your yard when its hot out then get back to me if you couldn't do it because you couldn't breathe.

It makes sense what you are saying, since you are equating your experience to running 10 miles at fast clip.

FYI, J.J. Watt and I disagree with you.

8 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

It makes sense what you are saying, since you are equating your experience to running 10 miles at fast clip.

FYI, J.J. Watt and I disagree with you.

The average football player runs for 11 minutes a game. Wide receivers and cornerbacks average about 1.25 miles per game, so most players run less. I think you and J.J. Watt are wrong and that would not restrict or feel restricting at all.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1