2020 Season Is B1G Only

32 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The average football player runs for 11 minutes a game. Wide receivers and cornerbacks average about 1.25 miles per game, so most players run less. I think you and J.J. Watt are wrong and that would not restrict or feel restricting at all.

Thus, you think football players should play for you and endure what you think they should be able to endure.  J.J. is entitled to not play if he feels that wearing a shield is too restrictive.  Feel free to read the article and debate J.J. on it.  I related to it via running.  It makes sense to me.

• Plus1 1

58 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Thus, you think football players should play for you and endure what you think they should be able to endure.  J.J. is entitled to not play if he feels that wearing a shield is too restrictive.  Feel free to read the article and debate J.J. on it.  I related to it via running.  It makes sense to me.

I've never made the argument that players should endure whatever I think so I can watch them play. If you look at my posting history I've been on the complete opposite side. If a player feels this is restrictive and doesn't want to play in it they should be free to opt out. However, there are a lot of players who want to play and won't feel this is restrictive and it is a legit design that could help prevent the spread of covid that would ultimately mean no one plays regardless of their feelings. My only point was that a piece of plastic several inches from your face and fully open at the bottom does not restrict your breathing in my opinion. Disagreeing with you and J.J. Watt doesn't mean I think they should endure anything I think they should endure. That's a really large leap on you part.

20 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I've never made the argument that players should endure whatever I think so I can watch them play. If you look at my posting history I've been on the complete opposite side. If a player feels this is restrictive and doesn't want to play in it they should be free to opt out. However, there are a lot of players who want to play and won't feel this is restrictive and it is a legit design that could help prevent the spread of covid that would ultimately mean no one plays regardless of their feelings. My only point was that a piece of plastic several inches from your face and fully open at the bottom does not restrict your breathing in my opinion. Disagreeing with you and J.J. Watt doesn't mean I think they should endure anything I think they should endure. That's a really large leap on you part.

My bad then, my apologies ... it sounded like you were saying in your post, "I think you and J.J. Watt are wrong and that would not restrict or feel restricting at all" and thus would/could/should just "suck it up butter cup".  :-)

Enjoy your day.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Little off topic...but does anyone know some good personal workout routines? 

Thanks!

I started doing the old Hershel Walker routine. I alternate doing push-ups and sit-ups during commercial breaks.  I don't run 5 miles in the morning because... running. I also have some resistance bands hanging from a door. anytime I pass them I do a set of whatever.  I don't wear a mask during any of this

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Don't hockey players wear a similar face shield?  Does it cause them problems?

Not sure but good idea to look at Hockey.  I don't know anything about Hockey.   Here's a link I found that talks about some options that have been tried along with pros and cons.   Also seen a lot of sites that say you can spray a anti-fog treatment on.  Not sure how well it works.

https://blog.purehockey.com/equipment-tips-tricks/pros-and-cons-of-hockey-face-protection/

While hockey full shields offer face protection similar to a cage, steam tends to fog up the full shield, and some skaters complain the ‘bubble’ is too hot. "   This was in the con bullets for full shields. 

This article also implies something to think about.    It might be difficult to put in and take out your mouth piece which some players like to do between plays.   Also harder to clear sweat from eyes and drink water on the sidelines without having to take their helmet off.   I am inclined to think that a full face shield is not a good idea for football.   This is all based off of my very very limited perspective.  

2 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

Not sure but good idea to look at Hockey.  Here's a link I found that talks about some options that have been tried along with pros and cons.   Also seen a lot of sites that say you can spray a anti-fog treatment on.  Not sure how well it works.

https://blog.purehockey.com/equipment-tips-tricks/pros-and-cons-of-hockey-face-protection/

While hockey full shields offer face protection similar to a cage, steam tends to fog up the full shield, and some skaters complain the ‘bubble’ is too hot. "   This was in the con bullets for full shields. 

And, I could see this being worse for football early in the season when it's hot....not as much later in the season.