2020 Season Is B1G Only

46 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This was the dumbest thing said by Warren. He should have stopped with "testing protocols"; but when he added "works with TV networks", the real cat is out of the bag. This goes totally against the "student-athlete health is paramount"; this statement, if true, is going to raise some eyebrows. Just watch, there will be a back-tracking on this. 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

So the non-Power 5 conferences will probably end up just cancelling their seasons because they will lose too much money without the Power 5 checks.  The Power 5 will all end up just playing within their conferences and see where we are in November.

Actually it would seem Big Ten is breaching these contracts and will pay buy-outs.  Simply arguing SDState is not safe will be tough. 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

I just came here to say that I'm not sure who has longer, more incoherent posts: HuskerLaw or our new friend Kansas45. 

Thank you for the welcome. But what is incoherent about my posts? I would like to know. Again, thank you for the welcome as a new friend. Been a lifelong Husker fan when I grew up in rural Nebraska and religiously read the Omaha World-Herald sports section. 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

Anyone who thinks there’s going to be football of any level played this fall is outside their mind.

Correct ! Our HS team camp at local small college, just got cancelled today, just a week after the staff at the college sent emails insuring us they were ON.  Todays message says medical staff and admin have great concerns.  Not saying the college is wrong, just pointing out that regardless of hope and determination of things happening,  when push comes to shove, no football 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Our new friend Kansas45 gives off a distinct whiff of that .1. fellow who used to drop in under slightly different names. 

If I am "incoherent", my apologies. I just write what is on my mind and I may go a little deep but that is how my mind works and are just my opinions from my worldview based on experience and educational attainment coupled with my current employment position. From what I have read from HuskerLaw, he/she does come across as quite well-informed. I fail to appreciate any incoherent thought processes emanating from his writings. 

But suffice it to say that I am totally new here and have not been here before under any other name. Again, thank you for the warm and friendly welcome. I look forward to more stimulating dialogue and robust debate as well as friendly discourse along with genial discussion about college football and Nebraska football. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
16 minutes ago, kansas45 said:

If I am "incoherent", my apologies. I just write what is on my mind and I may go a little deep but that is how my mind works and are just my opinions from my worldview based on experience and educational attainment coupled with my current employment position. From what I have read from HuskerLaw, he/she does come across as quite well-informed. I fail to appreciate any incoherent thought processes emanating from his writings. 

But suffice it to say that I am totally new here and have not been here before under any other name. Again, thank you for the warm and friendly welcome. I look forward to more stimulating dialogue and robust debate as well as friendly discourse along with genial discussion about college football and Nebraska football. 

Thanks.  I often write lengthy posts which many seem to resent or just hate.  Not sure why since nobody is required to read any.  I have shortened many but I just dont like the ‘drive by’ hit and run posts with one or two phrases and no context or explanatory development.     I also dont worry about some punctuation etc as its a nuisance on phone.  I rarely proofread much  - time constraints mainly.  

I am very opinionated as are 90% of those on here.  Not surprising as that is the type of person who bothers with these sorts of pastimes!

Welcome.   Hope we play but odds are dropping fast.  Need a decision now by Aug 15 if Big Ten starts games around 9-28 instead of 9-1 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Thanks.  I often write lengthy posts which many seem to resent or just hate.  Not sure why since nobody is required to read any.  I have shortened many but I just dont like the ‘drive by’ hit and run posts with one or two phrases and no context or explanatory development.

Thank you for the welcome. I believe you are correct in this in that most individuals wish to just read a "drive-by" and get all up in arms; but a lengthy post tends to make sure one covers the opinion with evidence and a sufficient rationale. It must be that "incoherent" is really "I don't want to read this" and "do not want to have to think and explain my views." 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Well, this news has me prepared for no football whatsoever.  Was really looking forward to CMU and Cincy games. There's only a handful of B1G conference games that excite me. I guess it will be less of a letdown now when they cancel the rest of them.

A big thank you to all the folks who did jack squat to help keep Covid from running rampant. You are why we won't have football.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
26 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well, this news has me prepared for no football whatsoever.  Was really looking forward to CMU and Cincy games. There's only a handful of B1G conference games that excite me. I guess it will be less of a letdown now when they cancel the rest of them.

A big thank you to all the folks who did jack squat to help keep Covid from running rampant. You are why we won't have football.

The Applebees, Beach and protesters.  None of those dorks needed to do what they did...

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The Applebees, Beach and protesters.  None of those dorks needed to do what they did...

Yep, and even more damaging than them are the ones who are crying “my rights”, making up excuses for how it’s a hoax and telling us why masks don’t work. And don’t get me started on the herd immunity dorks. They just piss me off.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Yep, and even more damaging than them are the ones who are crying “my rights”, making up excuses for how it’s a hoax and telling us why masks don’t work. And don’t get me started on the herd immunity dorks. They just piss me off.

Ha!  

The herd immunity one is sooooooo weird to me!

But..."NEEDING' to eat at Applebees and "NEEDING" to stand next to a statue and yell at it...is also weird to me.  

In the last 60 days I have pretty much been to 5 different places that were not my horrible Celebrity Home" that was clearly made out of swiss cheese and bread crumbs.