Revised B1G 2020 Win Totals Based On 10 Game Schedule Released

@teachercd I'd say things are way too fluid to make too many assumptions like that. Even if we play the teams that are scheduled, there's a good chance they'll be shifted to different weeks. A lot of schools are planning to begin and end their semesters early, so we'll probaby see some games shifted around similarly. Schools are eliminating their Labor Day and Fall breaks, so it wouldn't surprise me if we end up with a schedule that eliminates bye weeks, too.

2 minutes ago, Toe said:

@teachercd I'd say things are way too fluid to make too many assumptions like that. Even if we play the teams that are scheduled, there's a good chance they'll be shifted to different weeks. A lot of schools are planning to begin and end their semesters early, so we'll probaby see some games shifted around similarly. Schools are eliminating their Labor Day and Fall breaks, so it wouldn't surprise me if we end up with a schedule that eliminates bye weeks, too.

Yeah, that could be!

2 hours ago, Toe said:

The talk I’ve seen is that the B1G wants teams to play 2 weekends and off the 3rd. So, in essence, everyone will have 4 bye weeks. I think the thought is, as players test positive, with a two week quarantine period, they would only have to miss 1 game. At least that’s the rationale I’ve seen. But my questionable big brain says if quarantine is 2 weeks and teams play 2 in a row, a positive player could miss 2 games in a row.

As far as Huskers over 3.5.....if we can’t beat Purdue, NW, Illinois and Rutgers, I’m not sure I want any of my money.

• Plus1 1

3.5 over under.....Man, we have fallen.......You take out Cincy, SDSU and Central Michigan, the 5 games to win get harder.....Hopefully we can get another B1G team playing as poorly as we are currently....At least it's a plan.  And it's football...

On the bright side, Cincy, SDSU and Central Michigan were not gimmes's by any stretch...

• Plus1 1

College football teams can count two games against qualifying FCS teams toward bowl eligibility during the upcoming season, the NCAA's Division I Council announced Wednesday.

The council approved a blanket waiver request for only the 2020-21 bowl season, which allows all FBS teams to count two games against FCS opponents that average at least 80% of the maximum amount of football scholarships during a two-year period. Previous bowl eligibility rules allowed FBS teams to count one game against an FCS opponent that averaged 90% of the maximum amount of football scholarships during the two-year span.

The adjustment could help FBS teams from leagues that are not playing conference-only schedules, but need to add opponents. The Big Ten and Pac-12 announced last week they will play conference-only schedules, although neither league has announced specific schedule details.

Nick Carparelli, executive director of the Football Bowl Association, recently told ESPN that the bowl-eligibility requirement of a .500 record will not change even if the number of games played is reduced during the 2020 season.

"In a season that's scheduled for only 10 games, 5-5 is already bowl-eligible by NCAA rules," Carparelli said.

ESPN