Nebraska joining other red states in manipulating Covid Data???

It has been clear for a while that Nebraska is manipulating numbers through test availability and hiring Nomi health to run statewide testing. Nomi has been criticized for less than accurate tests and exceptionally low positive rates https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/05/14/testutah-declines-join/

Now they are actively subtracting numbers from the Covid-19 death total https://kneb.com/regional-news/audio-cuming-county-coronavirus-death-retracted/?fbclid=IwAR2dEfhQMfj-FNbTIdS6tSmaj1oFrSfczZqeZz0mBCzMHZ6vQW6b0C5xkvI. In short, the Melanie Thompson with the Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health Department explains that if a Covid-19 patient's death can be attributed to other factors, they are no longer counting that person's death as a Covid Death for county and statewide reporting. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

It has been clear for a while that Nebraska is manipulating numbers through test availability and hiring Nomi health to run statewide testing. Nomi has been criticized for less than accurate tests and exceptionally low positive rates https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/05/14/testutah-declines-join/

Now they are actively subtracting numbers from the Covid-19 death total https://kneb.com/regional-news/audio-cuming-county-coronavirus-death-retracted/?fbclid=IwAR2dEfhQMfj-FNbTIdS6tSmaj1oFrSfczZqeZz0mBCzMHZ6vQW6b0C5xkvI. In short, the Melanie Thompson with the Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health Department explains that if a Covid-19 patient's death can be attributed to other factors, they are no longer counting that person's death as a Covid Death for county and statewide reporting. 

This is happening everywhere...

21 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

This is happening everywhere...

Uh huh- What is going on is the equivalent of me getting into a car accident and dying while having cancer. Clearly the car accident would be responsible for my death, but since I had cancer and was going to die anyway, they reattribute my death to cancer in order to qualify for federal highway dollars. 

This is not ok. 

Just now, Born N Bled Red said:

Uh huh- What is going on is the equivalent of me getting into a car accident and dying while having cancer. Clearly the car accident would be responsible for my death, but since I had cancer and was going to die anyway, they reattribute my death to cancer in order to qualify for federal highway dollars. 

This is not ok. 

Agreed. Just pointing out it was not a Nebraska specific practice.

12 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Agreed. Just pointing out it was not a Nebraska specific practice.

The real issue here is that policy decisions are being based on these numbers. My kids, everyone's kids are going back to in person school this fall based on these numbers. Now we have officials openly discussing how they are fudging numbers. We all knew this was happening to some extent I guess. I had assumed that deaths that were posthumously reported as covid might not get added. I assumed that at the time of death questionable cases might not get added, but I never expected they'd go so far as to actively remove cases from the total death count. This is asinine. 

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

I mean, hasn't this been the case for months? Ever since they stopped reporting numbers from the packing plants around Grand Island?

Yeah, arguing with a straight face that the public was not entitled to that information was the moment I knew we could give up on Ricketts spearheading an honest response.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
19 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Yeah, arguing with a straight face that the public was not entitled to that information was the moment I knew we could give up on Ricketts spearheading an honest response.

True story, in an above post I said, "policy decisions are being based on these numbers." Probably foolish to have said that. I should have said, "These numbers are being based on policy decisions." That'd be a much more accurate statement.