Let's Watch: 2014 Nebraska vs. Illinois

I made mention of this in a different thread, but with the looming threat of no football this fall, I'd like to start a series of threads where we watch and chat about an older game or two throughout the week. I stumbled upon the 2014 Illinois game and got neck-deep in it for a couple of reasons: 

- I was at this game, and haven't actually seen the telecast.

- The uniforms don't look quite as orange on TV as they did in the stadium. 

So, if you'd like to participate, let's settle in with the sweet dulcitones of Kevin Kugler and Chuck Long and watch some old football. Share some notations or timestamps for anything you find notable or memorable!

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Shows the cupboard wasnt bare but was not full either.  Illinois was very poor in the defensive front 7.  

Ameer and Imani both ran very well and finished each run tough.  Tommie played well in most respects, except the passing phase.  Had trouble finding our receivers and errant throws.  

Mostly, Illinois defended the passing game but nothing in the run.  

Kinda nice to watch a game - any game really.  

How about the HB have a couple games each week like this?  Something to talk about without the nasty arguments.  This could continue until we get real fb back. 

It may be 2021 or 2022?

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Rewatching this game just reminds me of how I haven't felt like any lead has been safe in about a decade.

The first quarter was a bit hairy; I'm afraid of what might have happened had we not gotten that INT in the end zone. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Gerry was very good. Wish he/the staff had kept him on task...And got a lot of BS targeting calls....

The targeting he got against UCLA is one of the absolute worst calls I have ever seen. 

• Plus1 3