Big 10 only Schedule = Winning Season Yes or No

Will Nebraska have a Winning Big 10 only Season  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is a logical question, considering the fact that we've gone 6-12 in conference in Frost's two seasons. I think there are two reasons why people could have hope of improving even coming of back-to-back 3-6 conference records:

1) Half of those losses were by one score, so we were competitive in many of those games. Win those and that's six wins.

2) Frost's roster turnover is pretty much complete, and while we have a young team, we've got the guys he (apparently) wants.

So, better play in, say, Special Teams and just a better overall fit of player could lead to an uptick in wins. 

Special teams is a good point. It's probably the area that the team can improve the most in the off season.

Nebraska had terrible field goal kicking. I don't know the exact stats on starting field position, but I think Nebraska was one of the worst in the country on average. 

Here is how we get to six wins in a 10 game BIG 10 season.  I show 7 wins below, so opportunity to mess up on one and still get to 6.

Purdue - W

Northwestern  - W - game is at NW - seems like we win the away games wt them.

Illinois  W

Rutgers   W

OSU     L

PSU     L

Iowa    W   - that team is in disarray now and we should have won last year

Wisc     L    or toss up  - but it is at Wisc so most likely a loss

Minny  W    - one year wonder  ends   Game in Lincoln

Other cross over game has yet to be picked

MSU?   W   - Some say likely cross over game -  another team in disarray  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

If it helps....I had a dream last night. I was watching the Huskers play their first game of the upcoming season on TV. We were getting killed and making stupid mistakes (sorry, I do not know who the opponent was in my dream). The game announcers were complaining about Frost and how he should have things fixed by now......and then an official ran out onto the field and stopped the game due to Covid. Then there were two camps on Huskerboard commenting. Half the people were b!^@hing about the teams performance and the other half were saying it wasn’t a problem because the game was stopped and didn’t count. Then I woke up.

The good news is, maybe we’ll get to play at least part of one game :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/15/2020 at 2:01 PM, JJ Husker said:

If it helps....I had a dream last night. I was watching the Huskers play their first game of the upcoming season on TV. We were getting killed and making stupid mistakes (sorry, I do not know who the opponent was in my dream). The game announcers were complaining about Frost and how he should have things fixed by now......and then an official ran out onto the field and stopped the game due to Covid. Then there were two camps on Huskerboard commenting. Half the people were b!^@hing about the teams performance and the other half were saying it wasn’t a problem because the game was stopped and didn’t count. Then I woke up.

The good news is, maybe we’ll get to play at least part of one game :lol:

wow, this is really a bad dream.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:37 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

Special teams is a good point. It's probably the area that the team can improve the most in the off season.

Nebraska had terrible field goal kicking. I don't know the exact stats on starting field position, but I think Nebraska was one of the worst in the country on average. 

i suppose covid covers Frost's a$$ this year?

Sub 500

We didn't get to the quarterback on defense and there is rarely any pressure.

Skill positions on offense doesn't boast confidence from what we have coming back; there is more hype than experience, and the most important position (QB) regressed.  

Special teams failed.

Toughness seemed to be there at times.  So did talent.  

Next man up needs to happen before it gets too obvious.  

We have lots of nice players across the board.  I love AMart.  But c'mon.  Things got to toughen up and improve; including plays, confidence, flow and fun.  And that's not asking a lot.

Losing the noncon sched and Spring practice definitely hurts in terms of getting a winning record. Can't say I'd be happy with 5-5 but would still  take it as a sign of progress. It's year three, we need SOMETHING to hang our hats on.

As far as not having the season goes Imore staffing/responsibility changes may well be needed. If that is the case I'd rather find out in 2020 so we can hit the ground running in 2021.

• 2 weeks later...