Are you a bad person?

A year or two ago I started doing a really fun thing. Park at the store and walk up. As I'm walking to the front door, if someone's getting done putting groceries from their cart into their car, I offer to take the cart for them. They're always surprised and grateful. It's a completely easy and kind thing to do, and it brings joy to those folks. Especially the older or disabled folks who use the handicapped parking spots.

Cool thing is, I've had someone offer to do that for me in the last month. And it was surprising and I was grateful. 

And yes, I always put my cart in the corral, or walk it back to the store if that's closer.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A year or two ago I started doing a really fun thing. Park at the store and walk up. As I'm walking to the front door, if someone's getting done putting groceries from their cart into their car, I offer to take the cart for them. They're always surprised and grateful. It's a completely easy and kind thing to do, and it brings joy to those folks. Especially the older or disabled folks who use the handicapped parking spots.

Cool thing is, I've had someone offer to do that for me in the last month. And it was surprising and I was grateful. 

And yes, I always put my cart in the corral, or walk it back to the store if that's closer.

I make sure to do that if there aren't any corrals, like at the liquor store (yes, sometimes I need a cart for my booze)

• Haha 2

Evil: Leaving your cart in the lot.

Neutral: Pushing it into the corral, but not bothering to get it lined up and inside of the stack of existing carts.

Good: Making sure your cart racks into the other carts to create more space in the corral and make the kids that have to round them up have an easier job.

Yes my first job was Hy-Vee at 14 years old.

• Plus1 3

As someone that shagged carts years ago...I did not mind the carts being all over the place.  It was a great excuse to be out in the lot for a long time instead of inside bagging.  I could pop in a chew, chat with other cart shaggers, chat with friends that stopped by to shoot the s#!t.  I used to love walking out and seeing a cart as far away as possible...

34 minutes ago, teachercd said:

As someone that shagged carts years ago...I did not mind the carts being all over the place.  It was a great excuse to be out in the lot for a long time instead of inside bagging.  I could pop in a chew, chat with other cart shaggers, chat with friends that stopped by to shoot the s#!t.  I used to love walking out and seeing a cart as far away as possible...

This is a very disturbing read in the Queen's English bro.

• Haha 3

@teachercd I used to love jobs like that when I worked at a Walgreens. One of them was to fill paper products, which basically meant you had to climb a 20 foot ladder onto an upper shelving area, walk around it, precariously moving every box and searching for paper products that might need to be filled out on the floor. But it basically meant that for two hours you didn't have to talk to ANYBODY.

And the bosses preferred that every box come down and be taken out to the floor, rather than checking to see if it was empty and then trying to go find it in the stock room. It was bliss.

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

@teachercd I used to love jobs like that when I worked at a Walgreens. One of them was to fill paper products, which basically meant you had to climb a 20 foot ladder onto an upper shelving area, walk around it, precariously moving every box and searching for paper products that might need to be filled out on the floor. But it basically meant that for two hours you didn't have to talk to ANYBODY.

And the bosses preferred that every box come down and be taken out to the floor, rather than checking to see if it was empty and then trying to go find it in the stock room. It was bliss.

YES!!!

I worked at a Service Merchandise, some of you might know what that is...but you found what you wanted on the shelf but all the actual products were back in the warehouse...there was nothing better then having to go back in the warehouse, ride up the conveyor belt (I don't think there were laws protecting us kids back then) and then walking around the huge warehouse area and just killing time.  And like you said...NOT TALK TO CUSTOMERS! 

I worked at maitnence at a golf course and in the morning when I would get there at 5am we all had jobs, mow fairway (that was a great gig but the old guys got that), cut holes (that one sucked), mow greens (reserved for the best of the best), mow the collars (that was lame) or...pick the range.  Which for some reason was looked down on...

Not for me!  Sitting in my own cart and driving around the range scooping up the balls without having to get out of the cart, smoking a backwoods cigar or chewing, having a coffee, no one around at all.  90 minutes of bliss

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

I implore you to let everyone put their own carts back. How will they know if they’re a good person or not?  

• Haha 2