Are you a bad person?

I can think of maybe a couple times, when it was pouring rain, that I just shoved my cart up on the curb rather than returning it inside or to the corral. Nothing annoys me more than the lazy asses who leave it in a parking spot. Almost every time I take a cart from the lot into the store with me. But I don’t necessarily do it to be nice but because a few times I’ve got into the store and they had no carts. So basically I’m selfish and likely a very terrible person.

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, teachercd said:

I worked at maitnence at a golf course and in the morning when I would get there at 5am we all had jobs, mow fairway (that was a great gig but the old guys got that), cut holes (that one sucked), mow greens (reserved for the best of the best), mow the collars (that was lame) or...pick the range.  Which for some reason was looked down on...

Not for me!  Sitting in my own cart and driving around the range scooping up the balls without having to get out of the cart, smoking a backwoods cigar or chewing, having a coffee, no one around at all.  90 minutes of bliss

I worked at a golf course for a couple summers as well. Fun times, turned me into an early morning person forever. I was typically on cup cutting duty in the mornings but thought it was fine. It made me feel like I had power over every player that day, because I would occasionally put the hole on an incline and piss off the old guys. Once I got yelled at because “Mr. Thompson (some rich old member) 4-putted hole #5 today!”

Poor Mr Thompson.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

I worked at a golf course for a couple summers as well. Fun times, turned me into an early morning person forever. I was typically on cup cutting duty in the mornings but thought it was fine. It made me feel like I had power over every player that day, because I would occasionally put the hole on an incline and piss off the old guys. Once I got yelled at because “Mr. Thompson (some rich old member) 4-putted hole #5 today!”

Poor Mr Thompson.

Dude...if you put that cup anywhere NEAR the fringe...you get so many complaints from the old dudes!  It is unreal...

So of course, every now and then we would put them in really tough spots haha

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Dude...if you put that cup anywhere NEAR the fringe...you get so many complaints from the old dudes!  It is unreal...

So of course, every now and then we would put them in really tough spots haha

Damn straight. Be nice to your groundskeepers, or else I will ruin your entire day of golf before you are even out of bed.

• Haha 1

Man I loved working at a golf course for multiple summers.  Sure, it occasionally sucked when it would be hot as heck or when you'd have to do something kinda gross like wade into the lake if a member launched their club into it.  I never got to pick the range as we had an older guy that did it but the sure fire way to kill an hour for us was to take a cart and go circle the course 'looking for trash'.  This would almost always coincide when there was an outing where they prepaid for beer.  On a side note, we hosted the Omaha FF department outing every year and they far and away drank more beer than any other group.  They always ordered twice as many beers as usual and the coolers were almost always picked completely clean outside of a stray MGD.

As for the shopping carts, I'm always returning them.  I did however used to try and get them into the corral from a long ways away.  Kinda like a shuffleboard puck.

• Haha 2