Let's Watch: 2007 Nebraska vs. Kansas State

28 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

And a year after Suh - we have TM as QB and how he tore up the field.  Just poor timing -  Ganz leaves a year too soon and TM comes a year too late.

I really wonder how things could have gone with the current 4 game redshirt rule back then. I don't know if they would've had the guts to do it, but just throwing TM out there for a couple series against Texas might've been enough. Of course, he was still pretty raw even the next year so it's possible it would've backfired. But if he had games to burn, we just needed one big play in the championship and he could've provided it. Not hard to imagine an LB underestimating his speed on a simple read option. 

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

I really wonder how things could have gone with the current 4 game redshirt rule back then. I don't know if they would've had the guts to do it, but just throwing TM out there for a couple series against Texas might've been enough. Of course, he was still pretty raw even the next year so it's possible it would've backfired. But if he had games to burn, we just needed one big play in the championship and he could've provided it. Not hard to imagine an LB underestimating his speed on a simple read option. 

yep  - we lost to VT barely that year as well - could have used him then. 

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

And a year after Suh - we have TM as QB and how he tore up the field.  Just poor timing -  Ganz leaves a year too soon and TM comes a year too late.

Poor timing of having QBs needed = poor recruiting.  Part of that is the coaching change yes but that was self inflicted by the snowball started when Solich was fired.  Continuity was a huge source of Nebraska's strength and a lot of people, me included, downplayed it when we were so close to the heights of the late 90s. That is what we must get back to.

11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Poor timing of having QBs needed = poor recruiting.  Part of that is the coaching change yes but that was self inflicted by the snowball started when Solich was fired.  Continuity was a huge source of Nebraska's strength and a lot of people, me included, downplayed it when we were so close to the heights of the late 90s. That is what we must get back to.

very good points. I hope Frost and his assistants can build that continuity   we've had sooooooo many coaching changes that it has been hard to build a good team.