Four Famous People and a Lie

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

1. Metta Sandiford-Artest

2. Bill Gates

3. Garth Brooks

4. Scott Thompson aka Carrot Top

5. Warren Buffett

I'm going to guess Garth Brooks. I don't know you to be a country music fan, so any meeting would have to have been accidental. 

3 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Holy Poop you guys have met a lot of famous people. I haven't come anywhere close to you guys. 

One time I causally gave a head nod to Mike Riley at Yia Yia's.

That's it.

"Met" is being used loosely here. I didn't actually "meet" Tiger Woods, Donald Trump or Kevin Costner. We chatted with Bill Murray so that counts, but as it turns out he's been doing that with half of America.  With Woods, Trump & Costner, we were just SUPER close to them. We camped out on one of the greens at the Pro-Am and they let the crowd get right up to the fringe. So these guys chip onto the green and then walk around, surveying their next shot, and they go right past you. We were right on the rope, so we had a great view. 

It was really cool being that close to Tiger. Trump barely registered back then, other than he was one of the guys I think we saw on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, maybe.

The best was Costner, because he was still really popular from Tin Cup, and the gallery at the tee box right next door was full of a bunch of fan bros who just ERUPTED when he came to tee off. He had a modest drive on that one, but they went ballistic. Everyone got a good laugh out of that.

• Thanks 1

Other than Osborne, every famous person I met was because I knew html in 1999 and worked remotely for a famous person's kid who wanted cheap labor. I made $50 a month for like 2 years until I convinced him I was worth a whole $500 a month. That felt like a lot of money then. Also about half of his checks bounced.

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'm going to guess Garth Brooks. I don't know you to be a country music fan, so any meeting would have to have been accidental. 

He's actually one of the four I have met - he was the surprise musical performance at a private benefit in Omaha a few years ago. Everybody knew there was a performance though we all thought it was going to be some local talent. But, nope - Garth freaking Brooks. Got to shake his hand afterwards.

You're right, though. I'm not much of a country fan. However I did go to one of his shows in Omaha in 2015. He was one of the best live performances I've ever seen even though I wasn't too big on the music itself. Dude just commands a stage/arena.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, knapplc said:

How cool is Hillary Swank in person?

She is just as cool and down to earth as you would actually believe based on her acting. I would be smoking cigarettes in the alley with some of the grips/PAs when she would be coming in and out of set and had a handful of fun playful interactions with her. Was very accomodating and patient on set and doing media as well.

Michael Shannon is about as strange as you would imagine and maybe caught him on a bad day but outside of when camera rolled he didn't seem to enjoy anyone or anything. Except I bummed him three cigarettes, those seemed to make him semi-happy :lol: One even made it in the movie.

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'll guess Reagan. I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm thinking maybe your'e too young to have been at one of Reagan's campaign stops in 1980. 

Nope. I "met" Reagan and HW on a class trip to the White House. They waved to us as they walked by. I think it was 1987 but might have been 1988.

I was within arms reach of Bill Clinton and W when I was in the Navy. Obama is the only President I haven't "met" of the previous 5. (And I haven't met Trump.)