Fall Camp Notes

59 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

Bootle seems a bit over rated to me.

57 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Bootle isn’t overrated to me. He has more ground to cover being the field CB, and does a good job for the most part. Every CB will give up some plays, but Bootle is legit. 

It's hard to say whether he's under or over rated because it seems like there's a wide range of opinions on him. I think he's solid, I just wish he had better ball skills. He's had a ton of playing time without a lot of turnover production. But that's only one aspect, and overall if our other defenders played at his level the past 2 years we'd have been quite a bit better. 

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

It's hard to say whether he's under or over rated because it seems like there's a wide range of opinions on him. I think he's solid, I just wish he had better ball skills. He's had a ton of playing time without a lot of turnover production. But that's only one aspect, and overall if our other defenders played at his level the past 2 years we'd have been quite a bit better. 

Yes, ball skills is where Bootle can improve, but to me that’s the cherry on top of the sundae. He has shown himself well in most other aspects of the game.

Based on that, I wouldn’t call him overrated. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, ball skills is where Bootle can improve, but to me that’s the cherry on top of the sundae. He has shown himself well in most other aspects of the game.

Based on that, I wouldn’t call him overrated. 

Yep...if he was catching everything that came his way he would be a WR.  Also, sometimes these things even out a bit and the tipped passed eventually turn into interceptions. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I’m very happy to have Bootle. I was impressed with his sophomore season in particular. It seemed like an unsung campaign.

I like his skill set for any position in the backfield: he has enough speed for the outside, agility and tackling for the inside, and I’ve heard (on here or Hail Varsity) that he’s probably most natural at safety. So I’m hoping he is where he needs to be this season. If it’s not boundary CB, grabbing Nadab Joseph should allow him to move.