TE Kaden Helms [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

33 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Helms commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Decked said:

Didnt even crack his top 10. Getting worked in-state. 

What's the consensus on his position at the next level? If we viewed him as a WR, it's legitimately a miss. If he's going to be a TE, I get it. We just took three last class including Fidone and we've already got a batch of three juniors. Probably didn't see a path to playing time her and I can't really get upset at a kid for wanting to go to somewhere he thinks he'll be able to contribute early. 

Also checking out his profile I noticed his recruiter at MSU is their TE coach, Ted Gilmore. Remember that guy? 

• Plus1 1

Definitely not a good feeling to not crack the top lists for several of the in-state guys, but the only thing that will fix it for us going forward is to win. We haven’t been in a conference title game since they were in 4th or 5th grade.

Odd that several of the top schools are so far away from here (Miami, FSU, Arizona State)... I also can’t help but wonder if that is a Covid effect. Wouldn’t surprise me to see a couple of these guys commit far away and then transfer out a year or two later. 

• Plus1 1

Top 10 lists are useless. If you make a top 5 or top 3 then you have something going. Most schools in top 10 lists are not even the running for the recruit. It's been that way for years. It's why nobody gives a crap if they release a top 13, top 10....top 5 or fewer has some meaning to it. 

Visiting OU's spring game. Expected to commit to OU around then. I'd only care about this if we had depth problems at TE. We just brought in the #1 TE class so for this class just get someone with good talent and then keep building. No matter who comes in for this class they are going to be behind several TE's for a few years. 

NU coach Scott Frost knew several weeks ago. Helms, one of the top 2022 prospects in the state, called Frost and told him he was cutting the Huskers from his long list of suitors. Not because of Frost, or Nebraska’s offense, or its relative lack of success over the last four years, or even its deep tight end room.

Helms’ decision, he said Monday night, was solely rooted in wanting to get out of the state.

“I’m kind of burned out on Nebraska, to be honest,” Helms said. “I lived here a long time, and it’s about wanting to get out and see something different in the world.”

OWH

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Kaden Helms [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]