Sign in to follow this  
Danny Bateman

2020 Mets Suck thread

Ha!  I forgot about this thread!  I appreciate the shout out @Danny Bateman.  The Ms only have a win total of 24 so expectations are appropriately low.  This will pretty much be a Kyle Lewis appreciation thread for me.  Go young kids!

Our closer has given up the most earned runs in the ninth inning since the start of last year.

So there's that.

Man DeGrom is so good.  Was fun watching him last night on FS1.  I thought Familia was going to give it away but the Mets pulled it out.  Wilson definitely got away with one against Freeman...well as much as a 95mph fastball in the low part of the zone can be considered 'getting away with one'.  

On the Ms front, Sheffield looked really solid for 4 innings and then the wheels fell off.  Still, he looked better than he did in his last start against LAA which is all you can hope for when the season plan is 'play all the kids'.  Will be interesting to see if they bring up Kelenic (sorry Mets fans) for a cup of coffee.