2020 Mets Suck thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been so long since I've felt unbridled joy as a Mets fan. 

Uncle Steve rocks! What a great trade. Gimenez appears to be legit and maybe Rosario just needed a scenery change. The prospects are utterly meh. What a crazy haul in return.

We haven't had a position player this good since the Wright/Reyes days back when I was a wee lad. But honestly pairing a nucleus of superstars like those with some high-priced free agents might be how this new squad gets constructed, too. Springer next?

11 hours ago, desertshox said:

Alas, no matter what they do they'll still be behind the braves. :P

I dunno about that.  If the NL opts for the universal DH and the Mets can sign Springer...that team gets immensely better on defense and the division turns into an absolute knife fight.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I dunno about that.  If the NL opts for the universal DH and the Mets can sign Springer...that team gets immensely better on defense and the division turns into an absolute knife fight.

My comment wasnt based on reality it was based on being a braves fan. Just some good natured ribbing of the mets fans.

• 1 month later...