2020 Mets Suck thread

Man DeGrom is so good.  Was fun watching him last night on FS1.  I thought Familia was going to give it away but the Mets pulled it out.  Wilson definitely got away with one against Freeman...well as much as a 95mph fastball in the low part of the zone can be considered 'getting away with one'.  

On the Ms front, Sheffield looked really solid for 4 innings and then the wheels fell off.  Still, he looked better than he did in his last start against LAA which is all you can hope for when the season plan is 'play all the kids'.  Will be interesting to see if they bring up Kelenic (sorry Mets fans) for a cup of coffee.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 9:12 AM, Xmas32 said:

Man DeGrom is so good.  Was fun watching him last night on FS1.  I thought Familia was going to give it away but the Mets pulled it out.  Wilson definitely got away with one against Freeman...well as much as a 95mph fastball in the low part of the zone can be considered 'getting away with one'.  

On the Ms front, Sheffield looked really solid for 4 innings and then the wheels fell off.  Still, he looked better than he did in his last start against LAA which is all you can hope for when the season plan is 'play all the kids'.  Will be interesting to see if they bring up Kelenic (sorry Mets fans) for a cup of coffee.

Man, that first paragraph could've been written about the game last night as well. Familia got into a bit of trouble but got out of it with some help from Wilson. Betances, who has otherwise been very solid and whose signing I cheered, tried to putz the game away the next inning. But Conforto bailed everyone out in the bottom of the 8th.

Mets continue to suck the appropriate amount. We might mediocre our way into the expanded playoffs. Really I'm more irate about the ownership situation. Reporting makes it sound like the owners Wilpons are going to sell to a giant ownership group with J-Rod as figureheads rather than Steve Cohen, who would actually pour money into the team to make it a winner, because Jeff, the meddling son, dislikes Cohen and wants to keep his fingers in the team despite them continually running it into the ground.

Basically one big final FU on the way out the door.

Also apparently Lugo is a starter now, Matz is going to the bullpen and Diaz is closer again. :flush

Xmas, isn't it weird to have watched one of your two teams fleece the other in a trade?

46 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Man, that first paragraph could've been written about the game last night as well. Familia got into a bit of trouble but got out of it with some help from Wilson. Betances, who has otherwise been very solid and whose signing I cheered, tried to putz the game away the next inning. But Conforto bailed everyone out in the bottom of the 8th.

Mets continue to suck the appropriate amount. We might mediocre our way into the expanded playoffs. Really I'm more irate about the ownership situation. Reporting makes it sound like the owners Wilpons are going to sell to a giant ownership group with J-Rod as figureheads rather than Steve Cohen, who would actually pour money into the team to make it a winner, because Jeff, the meddling son, dislikes Cohen and wants to keep his fingers in the team despite them continually running it into the ground.

Basically one big final FU on the way out the door.

Also apparently Lugo is a starter now, Matz is going to the bullpen and Diaz is closer again. :flush

Xmas, isn't it weird to have watched one of your two teams fleece the other in a trade?

It would be the most Mets thing ever to sell to the J-Rod group versus selling to Steve Cohen and that might be the final straw for me because I hate and I mean HATE A-Rod.  I can't even watch Sunday Night Baseball anymore when he's on because he puts me on life tilt so badly.

I admit, I was pretty loathe to trade away Diaz but understood it was part of the greater good to get Cano's salary off the books and Kelenic looks incredible.  Man, Diaz has just lost it which...in all honesty is pretty par for the course for closers who have elite arm talent and no idea where the ball is going.  I completely expect him sign a deal with the LAD or TB and turn into an elite guy again.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, looks like the Mets are thankfully actually going to get rid of the Wilpons as owners with Steve Cohen getting the nod over the A-Rod/J-Lo consortium.  Cohen buying the Mets always made way more sense for a variety of reasons.  I'm excited to see what the Mets do with some fresh blood at the top and a giant infusion of cash.  

• Plus1 2