**2020 Previews: "Unofficial" Big Ten Media Poll**

BIG TEN EAST

1. Ohio State 237 points (33 first-place votes)

2. Penn State 204 points (1)

3. Michigan 169 points

4. Indiana 134 points

5. Michigan State 94 points

6. Maryland 76 points

7. Rutgers 38 points

BIG TEN WEST

1. Wisconsin 221 points (19)

2. Minnesota 209.5 (14)

3. Iowa 157 points

4. Nebraska 117 points

5. Purdue 105 points

6. Northwestern 87.5 points (1)

7. Illinois 55 points

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2020/07/ohio-state-voted-2020-big-ten-favorite-in-clevelandcom-preseason-poll.html

• Plus1 1

59 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

They're the only team with a division crossover slate harder than us

Did they forward this year's schedule to you before releasing it to the public?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Iowa at 3 seems kinda high. That's where they finished last year and now they've lost a bunch, they're the only team with a division crossover slate harder than us, and they a racism controversy.

I also don't think they finish 3rd, but I can forgive the voters for not buying us (13-23 over the last 3 years, 9-15 under Frost), Purdue (17-21 over the last 3 (all Brohm), or NW (3-9 last year with one of the worst offense I have ever seen).

The first place vote to NW in the west is actually less weird to me than the first place vote to Penn State. Sure they'll be good, but nobody actually believes they're the best in the East right? That person is just throwing it out there in case OSU randomly collapses and they can claim they knew it was coming. If that doesn't happen, nobody is following up on the one guy who didn't vote OSU in the preseason.

• Plus1 2
On 7/31/2020 at 12:54 PM, Husker in WI said:

I also don't think they finish 3rd, but I can forgive the voters for not buying us (13-23 over the last 3 years, 9-15 under Frost), Purdue (17-21 over the last 3 (all Brohm), or NW (3-9 last year with one of the worst offense I have ever seen).

The first place vote to NW in the west is actually less weird to me than the first place vote to Penn State. Sure they'll be good, but nobody actually believes they're the best in the East right? That person is just throwing it out there in case OSU randomly collapses and they can claim they knew it was coming. If that doesn't happen, nobody is following up on the one guy who didn't vote OSU in the preseason.

Penn State is likely a top 10 team this year,

Leaving Ohio State aside for a second Penn State (as of now) gets Iowa, Northwestern, Michigan State and Maryland at home and their road games are @ Michigan, @ Nebraska @ Rutgers and @ Indiana.

That is a very, very winnable home schedule and they should be favored in every road game except maybe Michigan. It's not as much of an easy schedule as Ohio State has but it's not extremely treacherous either.

Of course it all would come down to that head to head with Ohio State, but that game is in Happy Valley and given that it's quite possible both Ohio State and Penn State go undefeated outside of their head to head, Penn State does have a good shot at winning the division assuming they don't drop a game they shouldn't and can pull off that win at home against the Buckeyes.  Even if OSU stomps everyone else.

Sad reflection of how far we have fallen in the eyes of fans, coaches and media - bottom half of the conference.  I am guessing that would be the worst preseason placing for NU is about 50 years!   

And its year 3 of the Frost era!   Frost not getting much respect frankly.   Us diehards still gotta believe but Frost is gotta get R done by 2021 or it could be turbulent waters going beyond.   

Absent a scandal of Frost’s doing, I plan to stand by him for a long time to come but many fans may not be so forgiving and patient.  

I remain bullish but these polls say I am not in the majority.