*****Big Ten 2020 Schedule Released*****

33 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

And I guarantee that Badger fans would accuse this of whining. But they've really had so many seasons like this since we joined the conference.

I don't really care because even prior to the pandemic I saw us as being a team that would struggle to even go 6-6, but it's just funny what kind of a cakewalk that schedule is for Wisconsin.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Indiana, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland.  Guess which teams have these four scheduled?

If you guessed Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Penn State you are correct!  B1G making it real clear who they are giving the easy path to.  What a joke.  The game between us and Wisconsin in week 3 will determine the West champion this year.  I see us going 6-3 with losses to OSU, PSU, and Purdue.  The Wisconsin game is up in the air. 

I'm also off the Minnesota hype train, although I was last year and we know how that went. They started really slow last year, they could have easily been 0-3 and I think Fleck would have lost the team. By the end of the year they were really good, but teams don't always pick up right where they left off. The defense will take a step back, and I was already curious what was going to happen with Bateman's numbers if no one stepped up to fill Johnson's role - now they need several receivers to step up.

They won't be bad, the line is in place and they have some talented backs still. But they got bailed out in all 3 non-conference games by guys who aren't there any more. And they won't survive slow starts against Michigan, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Who are, coincidentally, the 3  (non-OSU) teams best equipped to stop them.

I don't hate our schedule, but I also doubt it plays out that way (if it plays out at all). It really doesn't matter to me where OSU is on the schedule, might as well be at the end of a tough stretch. Wisky and Minny at home is nice, as is starting off with Rutgers and Illinois. Also a very winnable back end for momentum, aside for PSU which would take a pretty big upset. 

32 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

While it makes you wonder, I do think the Big Ten schedule makers didn't want to make a big fuss by adding teams that could rock the boat. That said even though Wisconsin starts playing OSU in '22 for the  next 6 years, they only see one other top east team in '24. Can't see '25 and '26  schedules yet so it could happen then but the Big Ten continues to take it easy on the Badgers.

One could argue that it seems like Alvarez must have a lot of pull.  Speculating of course but still.

Agree w/you also Undone.

2 hours ago, crouchingzebra said:

The five weeks before we play an Ohio State for them:
Illinois
Rutgers
Purdue
Indiana
Bye

The week before we play Michigan State:

Bye

noted that right away...looks like the powers that be want to ensure the Buckeyes were in the playoffs

4 minutes ago, Bledred said:

Indiana, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland.  Guess which teams have these four scheduled?

If you guessed Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Penn State you are correct!  B1G making it real clear who they are giving the easy path to.  What a joke.  The game between us and Wisconsin in week 3 will determine the West champion this year.  I see us going 6-3 with losses to OSU, PSU, and Purdue.  The Wisconsin game is up in the air. 

QQ

It is amazing to me that Ohio State dodges Ohio State every single year /sarcasm

How would Ohio State and Penn State not play Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland? Ohio State and Penn State also has to play each other and Michigan. It is how conference division work. 

The teams in the west always have an easy path to the championship so I really don't understand all the crying. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, jaws said:

The teams in the west always have an easy path to the championship so I really don't understand all the crying. 

We're a dumpster fire program that used to be great but that's in perpetual purgatory. I doubt there's a single member of this board that thinks we'd be a contender to actually win the conference this season.

That should put some of the moaning in context for you, maybe.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jaws said:

QQ

It is amazing to me that Ohio State dodges Ohio State every single year /sarcasm

How would Ohio State and Penn State not play Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland? Ohio State and Penn State also has to play each other and Michigan. It is how conference division work. 

The complaints are because OSU drew Illinois, Purdue and Nebraska instead of Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. 

• Plus1 6
20 minutes ago, Undone said:

We're a dumpster fire program that used to be great but that's in perpetual purgatory. I doubt there's a single member of this board that thinks we'd be a contender to actually win the conference this season.

That should put some of the moaning in context for you, maybe.

I get the context but I don't get the complaining every single time the schedules are released. The B1G wants Nebraska to be good, it isn't some sort of conspiracy. 

• Haha 1