*****Big Ten 2020 Schedule Released*****

2 minutes ago, jaws said:

The B1G wants Nebraska to be good, it isn't some sort of conspiracy. 

People can chime in and correct me, but I think you're misunderstanding what posters are saying.

I don't think anybody is saying it's a plot to crush Nebraska in the Win/Loss column (we'll most likely shoot ourselves in the foot and do that all on our own  :lol:). They're saying it's a plot to give the two best teams in each division (Wisconsin & Ohio State) the easiest path to winning their division.

This theory could be totally b*llsh*t, but that's what they're saying. I think you might have misunderstood.

6 minutes ago, jaws said:

OSU plays Iowa on 11/21.  Also, most OSU fans worry about Purdue more than most teams in the west.

I forgot we all picked up another game. Is Iowa away?

Wisky’s schedule is a joke, especially since they play Michigan. :cowbell:

7 minutes ago, Undone said:

People can chime in and correct me, but I think you're misunderstanding what posters are saying.

I don't think anybody is saying it's a plot to crush Nebraska in the Win/Loss column (we'll most likely shoot ourselves in the foot and do that all on our own  :lol:). They're saying it's a plot to give the two best teams in each division (Wisconsin & Ohio State) the easiest path to winning their division.

This theory could be totally b*llsh*t, but that's what they're saying. I think you might have misunderstood.

Ohio State is playing the conference opponents that have given them the most problems over the last 10 years. 

Ohio State conference losses since 2012: Purdue, Iowa, Penn State, Michigan State (2x). The Purdue and Iowa losses were embarrassing. Do you want the B1G to add Clemson to the schedule to rub those losses in their face too? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nic said:

I forgot we all picked up another game. Is Iowa away?

Wisky’s schedule is a joke, especially since they play Michigan. :cowbell:

The Iowa game is a home game for OSU.

The Wisconsin vs Michigan game is in late October. Michigan will be on their typical end of the season slide by that point in time. 

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think consensus is Iowa, Minnesota will be top 25 type teams, and Wisconsin, Penn St, and Ohio state have a playoff ceiling. And that is half our schedule right there. 

Minny is an okay team, that schedule last year was amazing, playing like 4-5 teams that were playing a QB that had never played before.

A 98 yard drive to win at the last second vs Georgia Southern (I think it was that school).

Iowa is so average.

Purdue sucks

Rutgers sucks

Illinois sucks

MSU sucks

NW sucks

• Plus1 1

You wonder how many more announcements about players sitting out the season we'll hear in the next few weeks. Will there be any from our players? We probably don't have any slam-dunk high-round draft picks coming, but that's not necessarily a requirement. Wouldn't surprise me if we hear about some players who just decide to retire from football entirely.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Minny is an okay team, that schedule last year was amazing, playing like 4-5 teams that were playing a QB that had never played before.

A 98 yard drive to win at the last second vs Georgia Southern (I think it was that school).

Iowa is so average.

Purdue sucks

Rutgers sucks

Illinois sucks

MSU sucks

Minnesota was pretty much the anti-Nebraska last year.

Nebraska could have easily beaten Colorado, Indiana, Purdue and Iowa.  We lost all four.

Minnesota could have easily lost to South Dakota State, Fresno State, Georgia Southern and Penn State.  They won all four.

Their season could have been a lot different if they lost even a couple of those first three.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Nebraska could have easily beaten Colorado, Indiana, Purdue and Iowa.  We lost all four.

Minnesota could have easily lost to South Dakota State, Fresno State, Georgia Southern and Penn State.  They won all four.

Their season could have been a lot different if they lost even a couple of those first three.

You have to give them credit for winning, no doubt.  But luck was on their side, they had zero business winning some of those.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

We need to stop thinking that the crappy teams that beat NU are good.  It is more that NU has just been really bad.  This year should be the first year where things start to look better.

I like your enthusiasm.  When I look at other teams I usually ask myself 1 big question.  Is this team on paper going to be better than they were the year before. 

When I look at Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin my answer is no.  Minnesota is taking some huge hits on offense and lost their best player on defense to graduation.  Iowa is breaking in a new QB after having a 3 year starter and all the crap that has gone on there lately has to have an effect on the team and losing your AA defensive end.   You don't just replace Johnathan Taylor or your top receiver.  Though Wisconsin's defense should be at least as good as last year.  

On paper I think Nebraska looks to be a lot better offensively than last year and a little better defensively. 

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Iowa is so average.

Purdue sucks

Rutgers sucks

Illinois sucks

MSU sucks

NW sucks

I mean we were right in the thick of the sucks group last year, until we prove we're not a part of the "Sucky" group - I am gonna assume that's where we are. And the okay/average group went a combined 21-5 (both would have been our best season in a decade) last year and beat top 25 P5 opponents in bowl games; still a lot of work for us to catch up with them. 

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Very much so, confidence and momentum are such a huge factor in football.  They gained both winning those close early games.