When will the B1G pull the plug on our football season?

When will the B1G pull the plug on our football season?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. When will our season officially get cancelled?

• August 22nd or sooner (within 2 weeks)
    • August 23rd to September 5th (just prior to first game)
    • In September after after first game
    • In October or November
    • Cancelled? You crazy....we’re getting the whole enchilada.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/2020 at 08:22 AM

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

If they are not allowed to play actual games, at the expense of additional revenue losses, there is absolutely no way in hell anyone is going to allow them to scimmage for free. 

I think the thought is if conference sponsored games weren't happening but say the Big 12 still was playing, they'd attempt to play games for revenue elsewhere.  If that is allowed under conference rules etc., who knows.  But seriously, what are they gonna do, kick Ohio State and Michigan out of the conference for stepping out? :lol:

• Plus1 2

10 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think they should treat the fall like spring camp and do a spring season. There has already been alot of lost time on the practice front. 

This makes a lot of sense to me.  It would do these young men well to also create some continuance in life as they move forward in life.

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think the thought is if conference sponsored games weren't happening but say the Big 12 still was playing, they'd attempt to play games for revenue elsewhere.  If that is allowed under conference rules etc., who knows.  But seriously, what are they gonna do, kick Ohio State and Michigan out of the conference for stepping out? :lol:

I could be wrong, IDK, but I cannot imagine that if/when the B1G cancels conference games (they’ve already cancelled non-cons) that they would possibly allow member institutions to then scrimmage or play teams from other conferences. This whole line of discussion seems like some pretty incredulous flailing. I mean I get it, people want to see football and at the very least want their teams improving and getting experience. But imo when it gets cancelled it’s over and we’ll just have to accept it.

27 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I could be wrong, IDK, but I cannot imagine that if/when the B1G cancels conference games (they’ve already cancelled non-cons) that they would possibly allow member institutions to then scrimmage or play teams from other conferences. This whole line of discussion seems like some pretty incredulous flailing. I mean I get it, people want to see football and at the very least want their teams improving and getting experience. But imo when it gets cancelled it’s over and we’ll just have to accept it.

I agree, it's grasping at straws big time. I believe it all falls apart shortly and we will have to accept it yep.  I also am going to enjoy the conspiracy theories while I can because it'll be a long dark winter with nothing to talk about real soon.  That will be lame.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I have zero idea on how the logistics would work and/or legality but I'd love to see if the teams could somehow cook up scrimmages if the season gets cancelled.

Playing other teams is where things get dicey but I think broadcasting intersquad scrimmages wouldn't be a bad idea. If you are just staying in one place you can at least contain any outbreak to your area. Seems like a far easier task logistically than traveling for games against other teams

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

If they can practice and go to school, they can play games.  

Problem is, they can't even practice without spreading it.  LSU, Clemson, Kansas State, Houston, Cal, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Rutgers, Michigan State, Ohio State... All have had outbreaks, and more (I just didn't list all of them).

And these are just guys going through conditioning, not getting face-to-face on the line of scrimmage, or tackling, or blocking. 

9 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

College football was completely dead from Saturday to Sunday. What happened Sunday night with the players, their parents and the fans to bring the potential season back to life has been absolutely crazy to watch.  

Still dead. Wanting to play and having an actual plan to do so are 2 entirely different things. 

• Plus1 2