When will the B1G pull the plug on our football season?

When will the B1G pull the plug on our football season?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. When will our season officially get cancelled?

• August 22nd or sooner (within 2 weeks)
    • August 23rd to September 5th (just prior to first game)
    • In September after after first game
    • In October or November
    • Cancelled? You crazy....we’re getting the whole enchilada.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/2020 at 08:22 AM

3 hours ago, lo country said:

Frost, Harbaugh and Day are joining the let them play....Frost said if B1G is cancelled will look to other conferences to play this season....

https://www.huskermax.com/live-scott-frost-fall-camp-presser/

Lol.  we heard how MI and Ohio St already voted.   Now they feign the we’d play if we could but we cant so we wont.  Posturing.   “ I voted for it before I voted against it!”.  

11 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Lol.  we heard how MI and Ohio St already voted.   Now they feign the we’d play if we could but we cant so we wont.  Posturing.   “ I voted for it before I voted against it!”.  

One of your shorter posts, congrats. 

I am glad you were in the room for the vote and know for fact how everything went down. Also, Day has been very consistent in his message about playing this fall. If there was a vote, it would be interesting who is calling the shots at OSU since their new president doesn't start until the 24th. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

props to coaches throwing shade on their college presidents.  Clearly not playing is not what any coach wants.  Harbaugh said 11/850 were positive.  That's pretty good for that age demographic 

4 hours ago, lo country said:

Frost, Harbaugh and Day are joining the let them play....Frost said if B1G is cancelled will look to other conferences to play this season....

https://www.huskermax.com/live-scott-frost-fall-camp-presser/

Time for some Sunbelt.  

Just now, JJ Husker said:

So we can play...

Ohio State

Michigan

and add back CMU and Cincinnati.

Thats a pretty good start on a decent schedule.

Pickup a few  from the Big 12 and SEC and it might be our most exciting schedule in years.

SEC already decided conference only.  

38 minutes ago, jaws said:

One of your shorter posts, congrats. 

I am glad you were in the room for the vote and know for fact how everything went down. Also, Day has been very consistent his message about playing this fall. If there was a vote, it would be interesting who is calling the shots at OSU since their new president doesn't start until the 24th. 

The leaked story was 12-2 (Neb & Ia voting to play) to a Detroit MI newspaper.   Its possible he made it all up but why?   He got the inside info from - most likely MSU or MI source as both reportedly said NO to playing.   Harbaugh may have honestly wanted to play but MICH Univ brass said not. I would guess Ohio State was a bit dicier internally.  But both schools have huge alumni bases / $$ trust funds so they could ‘afford’ the $100 million hit easier than most.  Several big ten schools are very well oiled fiscally and can ride this virus time out.    

Most coaches want to coach.  But did they stand up snd speak from the heart and soul as Frost did?   I havent seen it.  Bravo Frost, Moose, Green, Regents.m

6 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

SEC already decided conference only.  

You mean like the B1G did a short time ago :lol:

I’m thinking things may be malleable for everyone for at least a few more weeks.

My theory, all the conferences (granted, maybe not the SEC) will chicken out and then all the schools will be on their own. We could build a pretty wild schedule.

And give me a break, it’s more fun pretending we might get some football. I’m over being realistic.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You mean like the B1G did a short time ago :lol:

I’m thinking things may be malleable for everyone for at least a few more weeks.

My theory, all the conferences (granted, maybe not the SEC) will chicken out and then all the schools will be on their own. We could build a pretty wild schedule.

And give me a break, it’s more fun pretending we might get some football. I’m over being realistic.

God no- unless LSU will travel to Lincoln and play in December.  I can't handle the outcome.

Already getting razzed about how the SEC's going to steal our recuits - complete with with snide commentary that they dont want them anyway but maybe the Sunbelt would.