Flash POLL - Biden's VP Pick

VP Pick  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Biden should be naming his VP choice by Thursday.  So a quick flash poll here to get your 11th hour, 59 minute  pick/insight: 

Based  on all of HB insider information:

Who is your favorite candidate. 

Who do you think Biden will actually pick 

Who do you think would actually pan out to be the better president if called upon.

My thoughts:

There is a lot of pressure on Biden to pick an African American VP.   Biden has known Susan Rice, worked with her and is comfortable with her.  That is who I think he will pick.  Her negatives: hasn't run for office before, will be a lightning rod for GOP to yell Benghazi & to stir up a lot of 'fake news'.    Sen Harris has been the leader in many people's mind and may very well be picked, but I think she wants it way tooooo much.  Would she be a faithful VP - waiting in the wings. :dunno

Since the VP pick could very well be called upon to step in and become president due to Uncle Joe's age, this VP pick is perhaps one of the most important in many election cycles - probably going back to Reagan when 'age was an issue' - even though Reagan made it an issue for Mondale (famous debate line of Reagan's that made Mondale laugh as well).

Who I want and who I think would be a better president among the VP candidates:  Warren.  While this is philosophically more left leaning than what I would want in a normal election cycle, this is not a normal election cycle.  I think her grasp of policy and  her understanding of the  heart beat of where the USA is today would make her the president we need at this time if called upon.  I think she has the compassion, passion, and experience and plans to lead successfully.   I was leaning towards Sen Harris - but as I said before --I think she wants it toooo much. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I still think it will be Harris. I put a few jellybeans on her on PredictIt.

Rice would make a good SOS or chief of staff if Biden wants to subvert subjecting her to her first run for elected office in this environment.

Yes, I see her as SOS

I could also see Harris as AG

That leaves Warren as VP and Biden's policy wonk to fight things out wt Congress.   HOWEVER,  Warren may be out of the running as

the Mass Governor is a Republican.   He may be able to place a GOPer in Warren's seat and possibly delay a special election.  That could upset the Dem's chances of taking over the Senate.

Edit: This article addresses my concern about Warren above and shows it may not be as big of an issue:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/499843-warrens-vp-bid-faces-obstacle-her-states-republican-governor

There's zero doubt in my mind Warren is the most qualified.  Engaged, has already been partnering with him on multiple plans.  But she's older, and she's white.  

So I think he goes with Harris or Rice.  Personally I'd like to see Demmings as she'd bring FL and I think that's a nice little benefit (as well as her past police pedigree, her biker hobbies etc - she's very accessible to many who are looking for a reason to vote against Trump)

Now when we start putting people in Secretary spots there are going to be some amazing places for other democratic leaders to step in and make a difference.  

• I like Kamala for AG, but I also like Schiff.  
  • I think Pete comes in as Sec of Defense or Sec of State.  
  • Beto will be on a gun taskforce of some sort.  
  • Warren Sec of Treasury
  • Castro - HUD but since he's already done that maybe HHS
  • Klobacher - Sec of Ag
  • Booker - HUD or Dept of Labor

Only politicking involved will be making sure their congressional seats are fillable by Dems and aren't at risk.

• Plus1 1

I'd be pleased with most of that list. I still think it's Harris. I've also thought of how the hell Trump is going to attack Harris. The common knock on her from the far left is her time as a Prosecutor in Cali - but for some reason I doubt the "law & order" candidate is going to trash Harris for being too tough on crime. The only past shot I can find from the Trump Team towards Harris, is Don Jr questioning if she is black - good luck with that one...

28 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'd be pleased with most of that list. I still think it's Harris. I've also thought of how the hell Trump is going to attack Harris. The common knock on her from the far left is her time as a Prosecutor in Cali - but for some reason I doubt the "law & order" candidate is going to trash Harris for being too tough on crime. The only past shot I can find from the Trump Team towards Harris, is Don Jr questioning if she is black - good luck with that one...

The way he and his team functions, I wouldn't be surprised to hear them labeling Harris "Mulan" by the fall.