B1G Officially Cancels 2020 Season, What’s Next For NU?

21 minutes ago, Rochelobe said:

I'd like to see Nebraska play football this fall if at all possible, but hate to be lumped in with guys that say things like this:

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/08/11/lou-holtz-notre-dame-college-football-when-they-stormed-normandy-they-knew-there-were-going-to-be-casualties/

To me, making these types of comparisons cheapens the sacrifice of those that died on the beaches.

Then he follows up with:

This is more reasonable, but makes his comparison to Normandy even dumber.  I doubt anyone storming the beaches at Normandy could just say "oh, I have asthma, I should be able to opt out."

Yeah, I know Holtz is an idiot, but ugh.

Who puts a microphone in the face of an addled old man who likely soils himself every 20 minutes. 

*sees source*

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Well they can vote on matters as fully accredited members, but it is the revenue sharing aspect that is reduced in the initial years. Much like Nebraska had our first 5-6 fiscal years where we voted to agree to have Rutgers & Maryland join despite not having the full revenue split we started receiving in the Fall 2017.

I don't know the specifics or quirks of the contracts so more details might be elsewhere.

So what?   NU was supposed to vote NO when the rest overrule them and we forever are the lone goat / antagonist vs Rutgers and or Maryland.  I have no idea if NU was in favor or opposed to their joining but the money

may or may not be all that great going into an unforeseeable future.  I have no inside info but there may be other factors besides $ and I have not heard a single word from DONU about any plans to leave the Big Ten.   That whole subject is media/fan speculation.   

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I always liked him on Saturdays.  But...I agree.

However, Husker fans will soil themselves every time a media person gets a quote from TO no matter how old he gets.

Not this guy; TO's schtick ran old with me a long time ago. 

10 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

So what?   NU was supposed to vote NO when the rest overrule them and we forever are the lone goat / antagonist vs Rutgers and or Maryland.  I have no idea if NU was in favor or opposed to their joining but the money

may or may not be all that great going into an unforeseeable future.  I have no inside info but there may be other factors besides $ and I have not heard a single word from DONU about any plans to leave the Big Ten.   That whole subject is media/fan speculation.   

I don't know what your question is but I was just trying to provide some context regarding the revenue splitting and help inform you that we have received a full revenue share since 2017. I agree, I don't think we're looking to leave the conference.

54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm confused on this conversation.  Don't we need to be looking at the amount of money each program brings INTO the Big Ten through viewership...etc?  

All I see are people talking about how much Nebraska is getting or bringing in for themselves.

That's my point all charts shown don't relate to the discussion

• Plus1 2

I know I read last night that the vote was 13-1, which surprised me because of Iowa. The source might have been crap.  I looked it up on my phone and would look at the search history, but I had to clear it last night, cause you know that’s what ya do at midnight

i read somewhere today that there were 13 total votes, which also doesn’t make sense unless someone abstained. Read somewhere else that warren said he that he was acted as if the vote was unanimous- or something to the effect. 

You all get this figured out. I haven’t moved from the couch in almost 24 hours so time for a break. 

5 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

That's my point all charts shown don't relate to the discussion

That first one kind of did, but only listed number one in each category. I’m sure the BIG revenue is more than just media- merchandise, etc. 

we’re not going to sink the BIG by leaving, but it will hurt a bit. 

We won’t be playing in the spring. The chance was during the fall. They are not going to squeeze two football seasons into one year. Urban Meyer yesterday straight up said there will be no FBS football in the spring. He knows better than anyone the realities of the decision. It is why Nebraska and Ohio State are so pissed and want to figure out their options still. 

Warren and the B1G pulled the plug on the fall season now to handcuff Nebraska and others who want to play from making a non-conference schedule. Bush league imo. 

• Plus1 3

Yes Warren has jacked this up IMO.   Maybe he just hasn’t earned respect yet because he’s new, but to essentially threaten Nebraska’s status as a B1G member in the very non-polished way that he did.   SMH. I’m thinking he won’t be around long enough to earn any respect.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Yes Warren has jacked this up IMO.   Maybe he just hasn’t earned respect yet because he’s new, but to essentially threaten Nebraska’s status as a B1G member in the very non-polished way that he did.   SMH. I’m thinking he won’t be around long enough to earn any respect.  

Maybe, but he’s not entirely wrong. Maybe in delivery. Just because you lose a vote, you can’t stomp off. 

im confused why teams that were reported to vote no, are now stating they want to play . Something’s going on. 

And pac-12 made their reasoning transparent