B1G Officially Cancels 2020 Season, What’s Next For NU?

Whats next for Nebraska you ask?....Watch Alabama win another National Title via the playoff.  A lot of people have yet to figure out that by delaying our season to the spring we (B1G) have just taken ourselves out of the playoff picture without even playing a single game.  Should we be upset?...No.  But the teams that had a shot at a title should be (OSU...maybe Penn St. or Michigan).  PAC 12 will be lucky to win a single National Title in the next 20 years so they really had nothing to lose.  So after watching Alabama lift the National Title trophy in January, we will be left with a sinking feeling of a meaningless season.  Maybe a great advantage for Nebraska?  Time to knock some monkeys off our back?....Wisconsin, Iowa, OSU??

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

You have to imagine that Warren and all these unnamed experts are on their knees praying that the playing teams get hit huge with virus problems.  

It’s funny you mention this. I am seeing this sentiment in other areas. Our school district is going back half time. 85% of people polled wanted full time school and are mad about the decision. Charter schools do what they want and are going back full time. The 15% that wanted all online are hoping they fail...well maybe not all of them, but I have heard comments from some suggesting and seeming to hope the charters fail. It seems to me we should all be hoping for success against COVID ASAP.  I hope the other conferences have a successful season with healthy student athletes, coaches and fans.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, nic said:

It’s funny you mention this. I am seeing this sentiment in other areas. Our school district is going back half time. 85% of people polled wanted full time school and are mad about the decision. Charter schools do what they want and are going back full time. The 15% that wanted all online are hoping they fail...well maybe not all of them, but I have heard comments from some suggesting and seeming to hope the charters fail. It seems to me we should all be hoping for success against COVID ASAP.  I hope the other conferences have a successful season with healthy student athletes, coaches and fans.

I am so hoping football wins.  I will watch from sun up to sun down.

Our school district gets a choice- hybred 2 days and school, 2 days at home or completely virtual.  35% chose virtual. It has been a planning nightmare- with phase restrictions for buses and Chromebooks not coming in.  We also have to provide the internet service free of charge for the virtual students.  If you are prayerful, please remember your school administrators.  They cannot do any right 

Meanwhile, my child goes to private school.  He went back 2.5 weeks ago.  No problems yet.  

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

I am so hoping football wins.  I will watch from sun up to sun down.

Our school district gets a choice- hybred 2 days and school, 2 days at home or completely virtual.  35% chose virtual. It has been a planning nightmare- with phase restrictions for buses and Chromebooks not coming in.  We also have to provide the internet service free of charge for the virtual students.  If you are prayerful, please remember your school administrators.  They cannot do any right 

Meanwhile, my child goes to private school.  He went back 2.5 weeks ago.  No problems yet.  

Good to hear.:thumbs

11 hours ago, Bledred said:

Whats next for Nebraska you ask?....Watch Alabama win another National Title via the playoff.  A lot of people have yet to figure out that by delaying our season to the spring we (B1G) have just taken ourselves out of the playoff picture without even playing a single game.  

Alabama is just one week into the semester and is already using 200+ of the 450 quarantine beds they leased from a local apartment complex to house sick kids of campus.

No one is playing through to a national championship.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, quesadilla said:

Alabama is just one week into the semester and is already using 200+ of the 450 quarantine beds they leased from a local apartment complex to house sick kids of campus.

And I know you’re right. I do, but man being the first conference to go down sucks. 

11 hours ago, quesadilla said:

Not going to happen.  Too much at stake.  The Spanish Flu killed half a million people in this nation and we still played college football.  Unless more than half an entire conference gets this all at once, they will not be stopping.  

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1