2020 Nebraska - An Independent Season?

knapplc

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

4 game redshirt rule baby! 

But I mean, just play the guys that actually have a shirt to burn? I think the hard part is the guys who already redshirted might get forced to count this as a full season.

What a clusterjam. Taking out the conversation of safety for just long enough to type out this sentence (which is extremely important), I think Kevin Warren is an a$$.

And do we really have to call them games? Lets just invite some other unaffilated teams over for dinner and see what happens after.  Sell some pay per view.  Give part of the that money to the football supported industries in Lincoln. 

We weren't going to a bowl game or playoff game anyway.  Real talk. 

3 minutes ago, Akbison said:

I think the assumption is that we (NDSU) can get our non conference games in this fall and will hopefully get the conference games in the spring. I can't imagine that they are going to give all of these seniors a year back if no games are played in 20. It would screw up the depth chart and future recruiting horrendously. We have two guys projected to go in the first two rounds and I'm sure they would opt out anyways as would any NFL prospect so that they can be 100% healthy for the combine. 

baseball's already felt the roster jam from letting guys have another year

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

And do we really have to call them games? Lets just invite some other unaffilated teams over for dinner and see what happens after.  Sell some pay per view.  Give part of the that money to the football supported industries in Lincoln. 

We weren't going to a bowl game or playoff game anyway.  Real talk. 

Judging by how many people tune in to the Spring Game on TV, even the virtual game from last April, even if we called these "intrasquad scrimmages" I think the TV audience would be huge.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I know but then you don't get it next year when you can really play four games!

or maybe we can do one this year and three next year!!!  Let's get this done!

I can't get it to show up in quoting your post, but how in the crap did you quote your own post within the same post?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

But I mean, just play the guys that actually have a shirt to burn? I think the hard part is the guys who already redshirted might get forced to count this as a full season.

What a clusterjam. Taking out the conversation of safety for just long enough to type out this sentence (which is extremely important), I think Kevin Warren is an a$$.

I think we would play the game and appeal the eligibility later. I don't think games played during this time fall or spring will count towards eligibility. There will be waivers. I really don't think ACC or SEC starts a season but if they do I really really don't think they will finish one. That would really tilt the tides in favor of a blanket extra redshirt or something of that nature. We will see though, the NCAA sucks.

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I can't get it to show up in quoting your post, but how in the crap did you quote your own post within the same post?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Tried to hit edit, instead hit quote, made the edit, hit Submit, and the board merged the two posts. Then went back and edited the original post.