Why Football in Spring Will Be Awesome

TBH I'm struggling to see many but maybe I just need to think about it more.

The idea of playing a full or even mitigated season against real competition in the spring, then being expected to just shuffle into summer workouts/prep, and then play another season (all within the same year) seems a bit ill-advised and daunting. But like I said... maybe I just need some more time to process.

Shooting for spring football is, at its heart, a move to disarm the rumblings of a players' union. The strongest voices of the movement (Trevor Lawrence and co.) are the same ones that won't have an interest in playing in the spring with the NFL calling. This is what moving football to spring is really about, and it's NOT awesome.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

1.   Spring football will start in late February in order to get done by end of semester.   It is a school activity after all.   There will be plenty of snow and ice to throw out on the field when an opponent even enters the stadium and then throughout the games.   It will snow every week onbenethe west sidelines!   Advantage Nebraska!!!

2.   We won't have to punt so when our opponents try to punt, the ball will be so cold and flat as to make a 20 yarder a good one!   Advantage Nebraska!

3.   We can turn the heat off in the opponent's motel rooms and locker rooms and 'pre-freeze' them making the barely able to walk!   Advantage Nebraska!

4.  By spring, most other team's best players will have opted to go pro, leaving them almost helpless vs Husker power!   Advantage Nebrasaka!    

I am sure there are many other great reasons why playing spring football will be just great.  

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

1.   Spring football will start in late February in order to get done by end of semester.   It is a school activity after all.   There will be plenty of snow and ice to throw out on the field when an opponent even enters the stadium and then throughout the games.   It will snow every week onbenethe west sidelines!   Advantage Nebraska!!!

2.   We won't have to punt so when our opponents try to punt, the ball will be so cold and flat as to make a 20 yarder a good one!   Advantage Nebraska!

3.   We can turn the heat off in the opponent's motel rooms and locker rooms and 'pre-freeze' them making the barely able to walk!   Advantage Nebraska!

4.  By spring, most other team's best players will have opted to go pro, leaving them almost helpless vs Husker power!   Advantage Nebrasaka!    

I am sure there are many other great reasons why playing spring football will be just great.  

And one reason not to- player safety. And maybe a 2nd- February. 

and just because we have a continual dumpster fire of a basketball team- Wisconsin, Michigan,...., and about 10 other BIG teams, have very good ones.