Why Football in Spring Will Be Awesome

Only way I see a spring season is if its as short as it can possibly be, and as early as it can possibly be. For the B1G I would play a 6 game, division only schedule - have the division champs play for a B1G title - strike a deal with the PAC 12 to play a Rose Bowl, plus #2, #3, #4, #5 from the PAC 12 play #2-#5 from the B1G. I'd petition the NCAA that none of the players lose eligibility as its pretty much an exhibition season. And have everything tied up in plenty of time for players to prep for the draft. 

Seems like a good way to recoup some $$$$. 

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Only way I see a spring season is if its as short as it can possibly be, and as early as it can possibly be. For the B1G I would play a 6 game, division only schedule - have the division champs play for a B1G title - strike a deal with the PAC 12 to play a Rose Bowl, plus #2, #3, #4, #5 from the PAC 12 play #2-#5 from the B1G. I'd petition the NCAA that none of the players lose eligibility as its pretty much an exhibition season. And have everything tied up in plenty of time for players to prep for the draft. 

Seems like a good way to recoup some $$$$. 

This seems fairly reasonable. I just can't get past the thought of how they figure it'll be better to start a season in January than September? I just don't see how any of the issues that caused them to cancel it now are better in January.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This seems fairly reasonable. I just can't get past the thought of how they figure it'll be better to start a season in January than September? I just don't see how any of the issues that caused them to cancel it now are better in January.

Yeah, its a tall order. In my plan you would have to start like 2nd week of January (which would suck asssssss in B1G Country) - and the "Bowls" would be mid march. No Spring ball and that gives the kids 5 months before fall camp. For the teams that play in the NY6, you're really just adding 2.5 months....ideal no...doable, maybe???

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Beyond the political spins behind things, it doesn't appear that the science aspect of it will be solved. More people will have it by then and it seems unlikely that any sort of cure will be found and widely available in that amount of time. Hopefully some more effective treatments can be discovered by then otherwise we're in the same spot four months from now.

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah, its a tall order. In my plan you would have to start like 2nd week of January (which would suck asssssss in B1G Country) - and the "Bowls" would be mid march. No Spring ball and that gives the kids 5 months before fall camp. For the teams that play in the NY6, you're really just adding 2.5 months....ideal no...doable, maybe???

I don't think bowls will be a thing at all this year. We're going to be lucky if we get 4-6 scrimmages in the spring. I wouldn't bank on anything of significance at this time.

1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I don't think bowls will be a thing at all this year. We're going to be lucky if we get 4-6 scrimmages in the spring. I wouldn't bank on anything of significance at this time.

My "bowls" were just us in an agreement with the PAC12 to have our #2s, #3s, and #4s play each other - so yeah just an out of conf scrimmage - with a little more intrigue. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Beyond the political spins behind things, it doesn't appear that the science aspect of it will be solved. More people will have it by then and it seems unlikely that any sort of cure will be found and widely available in that amount of time. Hopefully some more effective treatments can be discovered by then otherwise we're in the same spot four months from now.

Exactly and even if they do have more effective treatments does that solve the B1G's issues with playing? I just don't see that. They are dangling a spring season to keep coaches and players from full on rioting and bolting to other teams/leaving for NFL. Not to mention the fan base losing it if spring wasn't even an option.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I just thought to myself that man it's a good thing the Rock bought the XFL.  I could see a lot of guys forgoing their "senior" season if there is no spring season. If they are on the fringe of getting drafted and need more tape I could see guys just going that route.  That is if say the Rock can get the XFL going sometime in the spring